Job description / Role
ETIC - AWS Developer - Senior Associate - (Cairo)
Line of Service
Advisory - Other
Job Description & Summary
A career within General Consulting services, will provide you with the opportunity to help clients seize essential advantages by working alongside business leaders to solve their toughest problems and capture their greatest opportunities. We work with some of the world's largest and most complex companies to understand their unique business issues and opportunities in an ever changing environment. We help create sustainable change by stimulating innovation, unlocking data possibilities, navigating risk and regulatory complexity, optimising deals, and aligning costs with business strategy to create a competitive advantage.
About the role
PwC is opening a new Technology & Innovation Center in Cairo that will deliver high quality technology solutions to consulting Clients across the globe. The Centre will provide a broad suite of skills and services to our clients, ranging from Packaged Applications such as SAP & Oracle, to Cloud services utilising AWS, Azure and Google, as well as expanding our existing Managed Services capabilities.
The center is looking to expand rapidly and we are looking for enthusiastic self-starters with a passion for technology and client delivery to help shape and form this new venture.
We are seeking to recruit an AWS Developer to join our team in Cairo. The successful candidate will have a minimum of 3 years experience. They will be developing a reputation within the local Engineering market, having worked on 4+ AWS projects, with at least 12 months experience across 2 of the projects. They will have a growing professional network, and have alliances into the Engineering ecosystem.
You will report to the Cloud Service Delivery Director and will be an integral part of the team based in Cairo, as well as those delivering client transformation programmes across the PwC Global Network, including the UK, Germany and Middle East.
As an AWS Developer, you will play a key role in the following areas:
- Support the leadership and management of the new Cloud Practice by taking an active role in the Cloud Senior Leadership Team
- Responsibility for coaching and developing more junior team members in the Development & Software engineering domain
- Delivering exceptional client service and solutions
- Work with a global mindset with teams based in the UK, Germany and other Middle Eastern Countries
- Leading delivery teams to deliver solutions that are on scope, time, quality and budget
- Ability to perform in a lead developer role, organising, mentoring and providing quality assurance on deliverables
- Participate in design activities with client and lead design and process discussions
- Detailing of the technical specifications required to deliver the functional requirements of the solution
- Ability to provide estimation of effort for technical developments
- Ability to manage stream deliverables
- Responsible for issue resolution post go-live and transition to support
Essential skills & attributes:
- 3-5 certifications in relevant AWS Development disciplines or technologies
- Excellent oral and written communication skills as well as basic presentation skills
- Ability to work within a fast-paced & unstructured environment. Must be able to multi-task and effectively and continually prioritise
- Excellent time management, communication and organizational skills
- Ability to interact efficiently with senior members of the firm across multiple time zones
- University Degree
About the Company
At PwC Middle East, we’ve set out an ambitious purpose and strive to live it everyday: to solve important problems and build trust in society.
We’re a community of solvers that come together in unexpected ways to build trust and create sustained outcomes. We solve important problems, support one another as we grow, develop and build fulfilling careers.
PwC provides industry-focused services for public and private clients across Assurance and Audit, Deals, Consulting, Tax and Legal. We draw on our development legacy that brings together the collective experience of over 7,000 people in our region with offices across 12 countries to solve for tomorrow.
We’re striving to consistently deliver innovative work that builds trust and delivers sustained outcomes. And we’re proud of the strength that comes from all our diﬀerent backgrounds and experiences and we value everyone’s uniqueness. We thrive in uncertainty, operate with integrity and leverage the diverse perspectives of our teams.
If you’re looking for a place that fuels your ambition to make a difference, that matches your curiosity with continuous learning opportunities and reimagines ways of working to enable you to lead a more balanced life, then you’re a future PwCer.