Job description / Role
Exciting career opportunity in the Manufacturing function, in the capacity of Business Development Lead , Chocolates Plant, based in Cairo 10th of Ramadan, Egypt.
The main purpose of the role is to identify the most cost-effective engineering solutions to enable the manufacturing of both the existing chocolates products, and the New Product Developments (NPD's) at the lowest possible costs, delivering the required/targeted "quality" and "physical properties" of finished products, while ensuring the plants are fully complying with Mondelez Quality, Safety, and Environmental requirements.
- Provide updates to leadership, project sponsors and stakeholders as needed on key initiatives, including progress against deliverables, cost management, next steps and needs from sponsors to alleviate hurdles. Escalate concerns and issues, report project fact base, define options/trade-offs, and provide team recommendation; Act as a change agent for new initiatives ensuring smooth transition and effective communication and awareness across all levels.
- Develop and deliver status report to Plants Operations /Manufacturing management to ensure pointing out the initiatives, problems and corrective actions, ensure effective team engagement, which may include establishing and managing team meetings. Review project timelines and cost regularly with the project team, facilitate creation of mitigation/contingency plans and manage communication
- Ensure optimization of processes and projects to reach desired efficiency level in line with Mondelez standards and world class standards
- Lead the implementation of site development program (Lean or other) to reach the targeted manufacturing development needed.
- Champion implementation of (Mondelez Manufacturing System) through forming and monitoring project teams to ensures project(s) is completed as per the project plan and train the staff on using the system
- Continuously realize global benchmark to capture learnings that can be capitalized within the region to help improve current results
- Develop tools to support the entire BD team create long term strategies and quickly assess new projects and/or opportunities related to: sourcing strategy, NPD's, journey to simplicity, asset utilization, among others
- 5 years overall manufacturing experience.
- B.Sc. Mechanical/ Industrial Engineering.
- At least 4-5 years FMCG experience.
- Strong communication skills.
- Understanding of key supply chain processes, site organization and current management systems.
- Credible both at site leadership and shop floor level.
- Proven influencing and leadership skills.
- Comfortable working at pace.
- Team Player; ability to support and lead to achieve common goals.
- Strong Communication and Presentation skills.
- Problem solving: Proactive and resourceful in solving problems, offering innovative and practical solutions in dynamic environment
About the Company
Mondelez International, Inc. (NASDAQ: MDLZ) is one of the world's largest snacks companies, with 2015 net revenues of approximately $30 billion.
Our dream is to create delicious moments of joy in everything we do. Nearly 100,000 employees support this dream by manufacturing and marketing delicious food and beverage products for consumers in approximately 165 countries around the world.
We are the world's pre-eminent maker of snacks, with leading market shares in every category in which we compete. Mondelez International holds the No. 1 position globally in Biscuits, Chocolate and Candy as well as the No. 2 position in Gum. (source: Euromonitor)
About 85 percent of our annual revenue is generated in fast-growing snacks categories, and nearly 75 percent of our sales come from outside of North America.