Business Development Manager - MEA and South Asia
Job description / Role
Are You Ready to Make It Happen at Mondelez International?
Join our Mission to Lead the Future of Snacking. Make It With Pride.
You lead new business opportunities in right store opportunities in white space retail environments. You use your deep understanding of our categories and brands to sell to new customers and to expand current customers' portfolios. In this role, you develop promotional pricing structures to fit with customer needs.
How you will contribute
- Responsible for developing and successfully implementing the commercial plan strengthen and expand Mondelez International's position with and assigned customer by preparing, negotiating and executing the business plans
- Responsible for the coordination between the customer and Mondelez International internal functions
- Accountable for maintaining and developing strategic growth plans for customers with a focus on portfolio management, listings, distribution and effective promotion and visibility
- Build and develop strong category partnerships
- Manage pricing within the Gross to Net Framework, Assortment management, Forecast accuracy in conjunction with supply chain function
- Together with cross functional colleagues evaluate, plan & execute appropriate promotional and in store visibility
- Monitor, analyze and report on market developments and competitor developments
What you will bring
A desire to drive your future and accelerate your career and the following experience and knowledge:
- Retail account management Demonstrating credibility with senior stakeholders
- Delivering superior results in different markets with varying degrees of maturity
- Category management
- Communicating effectively
- Maintaining and building effective relationships
- Presenting to all levels of an organization
- Budgeting and forecasting
More about this role
What you need to know about this position:
- Delivery of overall target in given markets - Distribution, Revenue and Gross Margin
- Initiate market assessment to identify opportunities and develop growth strategy for assigned geography
- Develop products portfolio plan in the strategic market, align the pricing and activation strategy with category team
- Identify, manage and develop customers/distributors to execute market strategy to achieve sales & distribution target
- Implement new product development (NPD) strategies to achieve agreed distribution and revenue target
- Develop 18 months forecast for markets and identify potential gaps vs target and work on plans to bridge the gap.
- Tracking trade spends against plans and optimizing trade spends
- Maintain or improve Ways of Working with other stakeholders either through relationship building or implementing process improvisations.
- Ensure adherence to country specific importation legislation
- Lead a team by providing coaching and mentoring where necessary to build capabilities
Education / Certifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in Business
Job Specific Requirements:
- Minimum 10 years of experience with in FMCG - distributor management - trade marketing
- Experience managing a team and cross functional stakeholders is preferred
Relevant experience in Exports/ Building equity is preferred
Work schedule: Full time
No Relocation support available
Business Unit Summary:
Mondelez International in the Middle East, North Africa and Pakistan serves the Middle East and Africa markets as well as Australia, New Zealand, the UK and Canada. Headquartered in Dubai, UAE, we have more than 2600 employees working across seven plants and six commercial offices; we make, bake, sell and deliver our products to customers. We are market leaders in key snacking categories with iconic global and local brands including Cadbury Dairy Milk chocolate, Milka, Oreo and belVita biscuits, Barni Cakes,Tang powdered beverage, Chiclets and Trident gum and Halls candy.
Mondelez International is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation or preference, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job Type: Regular
Account Management: Sales
About the Company
Mondelez International, Inc. (NASDAQ: MDLZ) is one of the world's largest snacks companies, with 2015 net revenues of approximately $30 billion.
Our dream is to create delicious moments of joy in everything we do. Nearly 100,000 employees support this dream by manufacturing and marketing delicious food and beverage products for consumers in approximately 165 countries around the world.
We are the world's pre-eminent maker of snacks, with leading market shares in every category in which we compete. Mondelez International holds the No. 1 position globally in Biscuits, Chocolate and Candy as well as the No. 2 position in Gum. (source: Euromonitor)
About 85 percent of our annual revenue is generated in fast-growing snacks categories, and nearly 75 percent of our sales come from outside of North America.