Job description / Role
ABOUT SOUQ AND WING
Souq.com is the largest ecommerce site in the Arab world. Every month, Souq.com attracts more than 50 million visits to its catalogue of more than million unique products in 20 different categories, including consumer electronics, household goods, fashion, watches, perfumes, toys, and baby products. Established in 2005, Souq.com today operates both as an award-winning retail business and an online marketplace that allows SMEs, merchants, brands and distributors to distribute their products online.
With more than 3,000 employees, we operate with the scale and ambition of a big corporation, but we cultivate a strong entrepreneurial and nimble mindset to ensure we execute with speed and efficiency. We have offices and local operations in UAE, Egypt, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and Kuwait, and leading Product and Engineering centers in Jordan and India. We offer competitive salaries and benefits, and a unique opportunity to join the leading player in an ever growing and exciting industry.
WING.AE is courier marketplace acting as an aggregator of shipping service companies that provides the most innovative mobile and web-based user-friendly delivery booking services to the market. We currently offer our services throughout UAE. We are expanding into KSA and Egypt to offer last mile solutions to the market. We have recently been acquired by Amazon and will continue to be key player in the shipping industry by filling the gap in Amazons demand for last mile solutions at the same time providing solutions to other delivery customers in the market.
An exciting senior leadership role in Wing where you will lead business development for our E-commerce Logistics. He/she will be responsible for hitting rigorous KPIs where you will work with a team of industry leaders to drive realization of future growth visions for Wing.
About The Role:
- Working in Egypt office and reporting to the Regional office in UAE and to the Country Manager in Egypt
- Shape the business planning and prioritization across all initiatives
- Develop concepts for new areas of improvement or growth
- Develop team capability and capacity to deliver key initiatives of marketing and sales growth
- Be a key stakeholder in a roadmap of change and ensure appropriate resources and team capability supports the plan (overall strategy for logistics Ops, network design and approach, the last mile customer experience)
- Deliver to financial and Customer targets (capex, opex, sales, VOC) in line with (or better than) business case and/or budget.
- Experience in Procurement - Strategic sourcing, Supplier Relationship Management
- Experience in Planning - S&OP or Integrated Planning and Execution, Master Scheduling and MRP, and/or Supply and Demand Planning.
- 5+ years' experience in a business development role
- Demonstrated experience in Logistics and/or Supply Chain
- Commercial judgement & business acumen
- Strong communication & relationship building skills
- Pro-active attitude - consistently demonstrating initiative
- Ability to think "outside the square" to create new solutions
- Ability to multi-task, build working relationships and work across teams
- Sound organizational & effective time management skills
About the Company
Souq.com - the Middle East's online marketplace.
We connect people and products - opening up a world of possibility. From bracelets and backpacks to tablets and toy cars - we give you access to everything you need and want. Our range is unparalleled, and our prices unbeatable.
Driven by smart technology, everything we do is designed to put the power directly in your hands - giving you the freedom to shop however, whenever and wherever you like.
We're trusted by millions, because we don't just deliver to your doorstep, we were born here. With Souq.com you'll always be getting a good deal - with exceptional service that makes your shopping experience as easy and seamless as possible.