Job description / Role
Amazon strives to be Earth's most customer - centric company where people can find and discover virtually anything they want to buy online. By giving customers what they want – low prices, vast selection, and convenience – Amazon continues to evolve as a world-class e-commerce platform.
With the acquisition of Souq and its affiliated businesses, Amazon is rapidly expanding its presence in the Middle East and North Africa. We are looking for a dynamic and accomplished Sr. BI Analyst who can generate the data and insights that will guide product and program development in a scalable and automated fashion. Data-driven decision making is at the core of Souq and Amazon’s culture, and your work will have a direct impact on decision making and strategy for Souq.com.
Our ideal candidate has a combination of strong technical skills, outstanding business insight and excellent verbal and written communication skills. As a member of our team, you will have the opportunity to work closely with the business and technology leaders set up reporting systems for the organization.
· Support the design, development, and maintenance of ongoing performance metrics, reports and dashboards to drive key business decisions
· Support deep dive analyses of business problems and formulate conclusions and recommendations to be presented to senior leadership
· Establish reporting standards and engage data engineering to deliver automated solutions, where possible
· Simplify and automate reporting and other data-driven activities; build solutions to have maximum scale and self-service ability by stakeholders
· Setup and execute processes for performing exploratory data analysis to unearth insight or patterns that can be used to drive operational efficiency
· Leverage Amazon infrastructure and tools to improve back-end data sources for increased accuracy and simplicity
· Bachelors Degree in an analytical area such as Computer Science, Physics, Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering
· 4+ yrs of experience in retail or in the e-commerce or Services industries or in consulting
· Advanced knowledge and direct experience using BI reporting tools like Microstrategy, Tableau, Qlikview, Quicksight, etc.
· Experience in big data concepts with a solid knowledge of SQL, including ability to write complex queries against one or more schema
· Strong knowledge of various data warehousing methodologies and data modeling concepts
· Master’s or higher degree in an analytical area such as Computer Science, Physics, Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering
About the Company
Amazon.ae, formerly Souq.com, is an English-Arabic language e-commerce platform, owned by Amazon, Inc. It is the largest e-commerce platform in the Arab world. On March 28, 2017, Amazon.com Inc. confirmed it would be acquiring Souq.com for $580 million. On May 1, 2019, Souq.com became known as Amazon.ae.