Job description / Role
Amazon.com operates in a virtual, global ecommerce environment without boundaries, and operates a diverse set of businesses in fourteen countries, including Retail, third party marketplaces, ecommerce platforms, web services for developers.
The Retail Business Services (RBS) group is an integral part of Amazon online product lifecycle and buying operations. The team is designed to ensure Amazon remains competitive in the online retail space with the best price, wide selection and good product information. The team offers eligible vendors a dedicated focus on high-quality product detail and discoverability, to drive traffic and conversion of their selection. The tasks handled by this group have a direct impact on customer buying decisions and online user experience.
The PCS (Premium Catalog Service) Catalog Associate is the entry-level role in the RBS organization. PCS team ensures the priority processing of catalog and content data of the manufacturer. The Premium Catalog Service is aimed at a first-class representation of a manufacture's selection on the Amazon websites ensuring the compatibility with the Amazon catalog and content guidelines. The service performance (speed and completeness) is essentially driven by the quality, timeliness, and pro-activeness of the product information provided by the manufacturer.
• Bachelor's degree holders
• Good written and reading skills in English
• Fluency in Arabic
• Good communication skills - ability to communicate with internal/external stakeholders clearly and concisely
• MS Excel proficiency - ability to mine voluminous data for specific detail according to instructions provided.
• Familiarity with navigating the internet - research techniques on the internet and finding required information quickly
• Strong learning ability
• Ability to work under pressure with high volume workloads or complex circumstances; comply with Service Level Agreement is also required
• Experience in creating/leading operational process
• Web Browsing skills and eye for detail
• Project Management Skills
About the Company
Amazon.ae, formerly Souq.com, is an English-Arabic language e-commerce platform, owned by Amazon, Inc. It is the largest e-commerce platform in the Arab world. On March 28, 2017, Amazon.com Inc. confirmed it would be acquiring Souq.com for $580 million. On May 1, 2019, Souq.com became known as Amazon.ae.