Job description / Role
Category Engineering Manager - Gum, Candy, Beverages & Meals MENAP & SSA
Are You Ready to Make It Happen at Mondelez International?
Join our Mission to Lead the Future of Snacking. Make It With Pride.
You plan, develop and execute capital projects by supporting technical developments, feasibility perspectives of engineering-related activities in supply chain and capital expense project execution to support growth, world-class manufacturing and productivity with the highest levels of quality, safety and environmental requirements. You will follow Mondelez business and innovation processes in project management and ensure that Mondelez standards are adhered to.
How you will contribute
- To ensure that accurate budgets, plans and fit-for-purpose technical solutions are delivered, you will work with key stakeholders to define and deliver the capital and technical agendas during the development phases of capital investment projects.
- You will develop capital budgets according to the contract and forecast cash flow, ensure that engineering developments and standards are implemented, and support the development and implementation of state-of-the art processes and equipment strategies to optimize resources, harmonize assets and rollout best practices.
- In this role, you will support capital project execution and will be accountable for the quality and results of the capital projects per Mondelez standards, and our business and innovation processes in project management.
What you will bring
A desire to drive your future and accelerate your career. You will bring experience and knowledge in:
- Project management skills
- Leading to work effectively across cross-functional teams and influencing stakeholders
- Senior-level technical expertise across engineering disciplines
- Good knowledge of Gum, Candy, Beverages & Meals category and design engineering aspects such as state of the art manufacturing lines, smart and affordable automation and HSEQ adherence
- 10+ years of experience in engineering and project management, end to end: concept to execution and launching products across MEA geography
- At least 5 years of manager level experience with a broad business base within specified category
- Bachelor of Engineer (Mechanical or Industrial
No Relocation support available
Business Unit Summary
Mondelez International in the Middle East, North Africa and Pakistan serves the Middle East and Africa markets as well as Australia, New Zealand, the UK and Canada. Headquartered in Dubai, UAE, we have more than 2600 employees working across seven plants and six commercial offices; we make, bake, sell and deliver our products to customers. We are market leaders in key snacking categories with iconic global and local brands including Cadbury Dairy Milk chocolate, Milka, Oreo and belVita biscuits, Barni Cakes,Tang powdered beverage, Chiclets and Trident gum and Halls candy.
Mondelez International is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation or preference, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
About the Company
Mondelez International, Inc. (NASDAQ: MDLZ) is one of the world's largest snacks companies, with 2015 net revenues of approximately $30 billion.
Our dream is to create delicious moments of joy in everything we do. Nearly 100,000 employees support this dream by manufacturing and marketing delicious food and beverage products for consumers in approximately 165 countries around the world.
We are the world's pre-eminent maker of snacks, with leading market shares in every category in which we compete. Mondelez International holds the No. 1 position globally in Biscuits, Chocolate and Candy as well as the No. 2 position in Gum. (source: Euromonitor)
About 85 percent of our annual revenue is generated in fast-growing snacks categories, and nearly 75 percent of our sales come from outside of North America.