Job description / Role
Amazon is rapidly expanding its presence in the Middle East and North Africa. We aim to provide our customers the widest selection of products at great prices, and the Marketplace (aka 3P or “Selling on Amazon”) business contributes to a significant portion of the total Amazon transactions. We are seeking a creative, goal-oriented and highly entrepreneurial person to join our exciting and fast-paced 3P EG team. Our team is growing and if you are passionate about improving our selection, price, and convenience through key partnerships, this role may be a great match. The CMM role offers the unique opportunity to own a sizable portion of category P&L while also driving large scale, high visibility projects across many different Amazon teams.
The ideal candidate will be highly organized and have a demonstrated track record of successful project management/ownership, juggling multiple projects with competing deadlines, and using data to identify and prioritize opportunities. He/she is analytical, enthusiastic, self-motivated, detail-oriented, customer-focused, and has strong writing skills with the ability to handle ambiguity and influence employees at all levels of the organization.
The Category Merchant Manager will have several key responsibilities within the 3rd party Marketplace side of the business:
• Category strategy and ownership: Work closely with Category Leadership on planning and business strategy, drive best-in-class customer experience, and maximize revenue growth through timely analysis and action.
• Category analysis: Own monthly and quarterly business performance analysis, understand performance drivers and set up/interpret relevant performance reports
• Seller management: Identify and lead new Seller partnerships, manage key Sellers on an ongoing basis and enhance the overall Seller experience with better self-service and reporting resources.
• Technical project management: Automate and scale the category level growth via new selection, product listing quality and instock opportunities via Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA).
• Partner with technology teams to drive automation and scalability across the worldwide organization.
• Category project management: Work within category to establish and execute site experience roadmap.
• Bachelor’s degree in Business, Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics, Finance, or related field
• Extensive professional experience (5-7 Yrs), in complex and dynamic environment ideally in e-commerce, technology, FMCG, retail or top-management consulting
• A strong background in product management, vendor/partner management, management consulting, or finance is required
• Demonstrated Analytical ability throughout the professional experience
• Arabic and English excellent written and verbal senior executive communication style
• Entrepreneurial drive and demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in an innovative and fast-paced environment
• Take the initiative and operate with a high degree of autonomy
• Excellent analytical and data-mining aptitude, coupled with strong Microsoft Excel skills
• Ability to create innovative new programs that generate results
• Proven track record collaborating successfully with internal and external partners
• Ability to think both strategically and tactically with strong attention to detail
• MBA or related Master’s degree
• Familiarity with SQL (basic queries)
• P&L responsibility and experience delivering strong financial results
About the Company
Amazon.ae, formerly Souq.com, is an English-Arabic language e-commerce platform, owned by Amazon, Inc. It is the largest e-commerce platform in the Arab world. On March 28, 2017, Amazon.com Inc. confirmed it would be acquiring Souq.com for $580 million. On May 1, 2019, Souq.com became known as Amazon.ae.