Job description / Role
A specialist who works as chemist in addition to assigned responsibility for incoming raw material control, he/she ensures that chemical analytical services are done right and on time to meet factory objectives, he/she plays an important role in ensuring that incoming material meets Nestle standards and quality requirements to ensure zero defects and compliance.
A day in the life of...
• Supports the Nestle Continuous Excellence program in the quest for zero defect, through handling supplier complaints for incoming material and raise QP notifications. Support in RCA and CAPA in case of chemical deviations noted in finished products
• Follow GLP and Lab Safety requirements and conduct audits to ensure continuous compliance.
• Ensure compliance with Nestle relevant standards and provide technical support to production line laboratory to comply with relevant standard
• Organizes periodic reviews to maintain ROH/APACK QMS updated.
• Participate in Raw material specification approval cycle
• Responsible of ensuring material compliance though QIR "Quality Info Record" process
• Responsible to manage compliance to ROH/PACK/Product/ Utilities surveillance plan to ensure compliance and food safety, including keeping quality required analysis.
• Monitor for WH storage conditions of raw materials are respected and correct shelf life are reflected.
• Perform Material /Product release process based on analytical examination done according to Nestle Quality Standards, QMS and release the material/ product after the evaluation of coming documents and analytical results
• Participate in Proficiency Testing with excellency through adherence to relevant LI's and implementation of internal control plan including validation, verification, calibration of laboratory equipment, and Plan for regular maintenance with Equipment suppliers.
• Trend analysis using Q-stat for lab results
• Monitor laboratory inventory with arrangement chemical suppliers
• perform any other duty/tasks assigned to him/her from time to time as per the business need
What will make you Successful?
• 0-3 years of experience
• English Language is required
• Good communication skills
• Team work
• Science background (Pharmacy, Science, Agriculture)
About the Company
Nestle with headquarters in Vevey, Switzerland was founded in 1866 by Henri Nestle and is today the world's biggest food and beverage company. Sales for 2006 were CHF 98.5 bn, with a net profit of CHF 9 bn. We employ around 265,000 people and have factories or operations in almost every country in the world.
The Company's strategy is guided by several fundamental principles. Nestle's existing products grow through innovation and renovation while maintaining a balance in geographic activities and product lines. Long-term potential is never sacrificed for short-term performance. The Company's priority is to bring the best and most relevant products to people, wherever they are, whatever their needs, throughout their lives.