Job description / Role
Chief Accounting Officer - Egypt, Cairo (M/F) M/F
About the company
RATP Dev Middle East is the regional head office of RATP Dev which operates and maintains urban transportation systems in 12 countries, on four continents, carrying more than 1.5 billion annual passengers on its networks. Headquartered in Dubai for 10 years, RATP Dev Middle East has become a leading innovative and sustainable mobility players in the MENA region. Recognized as a worldwide expert in automated metro, RATP Dev has been awarded significant contracts in the Middle East and is now operating a total of 5 driverless metro lines in the region, including two of the Riyadh metro in Saudi Arabia.
In the larger MENA region, RATP Dev operates Algiers metro, Algeria's tramway networks, and Casablanca (Morocco) tramways. RATP Dev will soon be in charge of the operations and maintenance of Cairo Line 3 and its future extension therefore we are actively sourcing quality talent for this new and exciting venture in Egypt.
About the job
We are seeking a highly-skilled, experienced Chief Accounting Officer to join our growing organization. In this position, you will coordinate and supervise the accounting department, delegating work and ensuring the staff follows all current laws, international standards (IFRS) and company procedures. You must be able to take large amounts of accounting information, analyze results, and make changes where necessary to benefit the company. You will be in charge of the statutory reporting as well as the Group reporting on a monthly, quarterly and yearly basis. You will also be in charge of all taxes matters.
- Report directly to the CFO and work directly with the other finance managers (Treasury, Compliance officer)
- Recruit, manage, and oversee all accounting department; work with other department managers
- Manage and oversee the daily operations of the accounting department including:
• Month and end-year process closing on time with the corporate deadline
• Accounts payable/receivable
• General ledger
• Payroll and utilities
• Revenue and expenditure variance analysis
• Capital assets reconciliations
• Account statement reconciliations,
• Fixed asset activity
• Debt activity
• All taxes recording
- Monitor and analyze accounting data and produce financial reports or statements
- Regularly examine financial statements and ensure they are accurate and free of any errors
- Organize and update financial records; monitor all bookkeeping
- Analyze accounts and suggest improvements to reduce costs and increase profits
- Make sure all financial data adheres to current tax laws, regulations, and International standards (IFRS)
- Establish and enforce proper accounting methods, policies and principles
- Coordinate and complete annual audits and act as the main interface with the financial auditors.
- Improve systems and procedures and initiate corrective actions
- Build a team to ensure compliance and accuracy.
- Coordinate with the Group consolidation team and the regional financial FPA.
Other requirements for the role
Competitive packages. You may apply on www.ratpdev.com or our RATP Dev Middle East LinkedIn page
- Master degree in accounting / business
- Chartered Accountant from an international recognized qualification
- Fluent in English is a must
- Arabic native speaker
- ERP implementation
- Microsoft Office pack mastering
- Minimum 8 to 10 years as accounting manager
- Tax practice and IFRS
- Team management
- Experience in Project accounting
- Multinational companies environment knowledge (French ideally) / remote connection with colleagues abroad
- Motivated / good team leader
About the Company
We operate and maintain urban and intercity transportation systems in 12 countries, on four continents, carrying more than 1.5 billion annual passengers on our networks.
Our parent company, RATP, is the transportation operator for Paris and the surrounding region. It ensures 12 million trips a day on one of the world's densest and most multi-modal transportation network.
As the world's fifth-largest transportation company, RATP Group runs and maintains tens of thousands of kilometers of subway, bus, tram, and urban or intercity rail lines around the globe.
Every day we innovate for smarter, more sustainable cities by designing, operating and maintaining networks for the well-being of our passengers. Our key words: passion and determination.
Chief Financial Officer
A Leading TPA (Third Party Administrator) in Medical Insurance
IBM Middle East
Robinson Faris Jones - Human Resources (RFJ-HR)
|Abu Dhabi||18 Mar|