Job description / Role
Client Technical Specialists (CTP) are the technical experts and advisors to clients, IBM sales teams and/or IBM Business Partners. As a CTP you understand the client's business requirements, technical requirements and/or competitive landscape. You apply your business insights, build and maintain client relationships, incorporate hardware, software and services into client-valued solutions and ensure client readiness for the implementation of technical solutions. This is an opportunity to shape the future for both IBM and its clients. Start your journey now!
Your Role and Responsibilities
IBM is looking for a Technical Sales specialist with cyber security expertise who will be responsible for developing and maintaining trusted client relationships at all levels within a client's organization. Understand client's business requirements, technical requirements and/or competitive landscape. You apply your business insights, build and maintain client relationships, incorporate hardware, software and services into client-valued solutions and ensure client readiness for the implementation of technical solutions.
IBM Security Solutions help detect, address and prevent security breaches through integrated hardware and software solutions. Powered by deep analytics and trusted IBM Security expertise, our robust portfolio of comprehensive, scalable industry leading tools that delivers unparalleled security intelligence with reduced complexity and lower maintenance costs, while protecting workloads in multi-cloud.
As a Subject Matter Expert, you will help customers, IBM account teams and Business Partners to create and develop strategies, roadmaps and technical plans (focused on cyber-security) to enable the strategic goals of your clients. Conduct POCs, demo, whiteboard and advise on the IBM Security portfolio to identify and solution key use cases. Develop solution/pattern, bring it back to the lab, prototype/MVP where appropriate.
You will be responsible for gathering and understanding technical requirements and/or competitive landscape. From this you will provide technical sales support which may include collaborating with IBM sales teams to define, design, and detail the technical aspects and feasibility of proposed solutions; delivering Proof of Concepts and/or MVPs; developing and delivering technical education to colleagues, Customers and Partners; supporting critical situations; designing solutions; and answering technical questions. When engaged for a specific opportunity or project, you are responsible for the technical accuracy and fit of the proposed solution.
Other responsibilities may include coordination of presales or (in some cases) delivery activities with internal and external service partners, presentations on marketing and enablement events, leading local developer communities, writing technical papers, blogs etc.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- 5+ years of experience in IT Integration, ideally using IBM Security product portfolio or competitive counterparts, in complex and demanding projects.
- 2+ years experience of autonomous development of Integration artefacts (integration flows, APIs etc) for Integration products.
- Deep knowledge in key security topics, e.g. SOAR, SOC, Cloud Security, IAM, Data Security
- Preferably possess industry certifications like CCSK/CISSP/CCSP or any cloud service provider security certifications
- In-depth knowledge of application development processes and at least one programing or scripting language (e.g., Java, Scala, C#, Ruby, Perl, Python, PowerShell)
- Understanding of frameworks such as the PTES and OWASP
- Applicable knowledge of Windows client/server, Unix/Linux systems, Mac OS X, VMware/Xen, and cloud technologies such as IBM cloud, AWS, Azure, or Google Cloud
- Significant knowledge of security best practices for client-server product architectures, focusing predominantly on cloud-based server development
- Knowledge and understanding of key differences between most popular cloud provider solutions and cloud orchestration tools (e.g. Azure, AWS, GCP, Pivotal Cloud Foundry, BOSH, Kubernetes, Docker, etc.)
- Strong domain expertise of cloud infrastructure compute, network and storage as well as the cloud control plane
- Experience in cloud-based security management/IDS/IPS/SIEM tools, such as IBM QRadar, ArcSight, Sysdig, Splunk, Dome9, AlienVault, AlertLogic, Fortinet, Threat Stack, IStio etc.
- Experience in extracting pertinent security data from SIEM solutions and IBM logDNA /Qradar audit, logs, and reports
- Experience with deployment orchestration, automation, and security configuration management (Jenkins, Puppet, Chef, etc).
- Life-long learner - always looking to stay up to date with latest attack vectors, vulnerabilities, remediation and protection paradigms, etc.
- Strong analytical and good inter-personal skills. Good organizational and problem solving abilities.
- Good knowledge of software development methodologies, tools, standards and procedures.
- Excellent verbal communication, written communication, and presentation skills
- Proven track record in Tech Sales or similar role.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Experience in pen testing
- Experience in deploying and working with Integration products on Kubernetes and/or OpenShift
- Knowledge of container offerings: IBM Kubernetes Service (IKS), Azure Kubernetes Services (AKS) Amazon Elastic Container Service for Kubernetes (EKS), Google Kubernetes Service (GKE).
- Strong industry experience and background in one of the following industries: Banking, Telco, Public sector (Government).
- DevOps tooling and processes, particularly in hybrid cloud architectures
- Understanding of IT security frameworks and protocols: Oauth2.0, OIDC, Kerberos, SAML; understanding of security integration architecture for common industry patterns such as e.g. PSD2 solutions in Banking
Significant knowledge of AWS systems, including EC2, IAM, Cloudfare, Calico CloudWatch, CloudTrail, Config, Lambda, Security Groups, VPCs, WAF, Guard Duty, Inspector, etc
About the Company
For more than six decades, IBM Middle East & Pakistan has played a vital role in shaping the information technology landscape of the region. Today, IBM is part of the region's technological fabric, solving real-world business and societal challenges, through its offices in UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait and Pakistan, and also a diversity of centers across the region.
Within the region, IBM currently has groundbreaking initiatives in cloud computing, analytics, mobile, security, as well as nanotechnology, eGovernment, healthcare and many more, collaborating with leading educational institutes and governments. IBM supports hundreds of clients to drive transformation through technology, contributes to regional research & development programs and has an active Corporate Service Corps (CSC) program.
Reinvention is a keyword in the company's history and, today, IBM is much more than a "hardware, software, services" company. IBM is now emerging as a cognitive solutions and cloud platform company.