Job description / Role
Cloud Developer Advocacy, MEA Program Specialist (DevEx)
At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
This is an exciting new position focused on developers, an important targeted group for IBM's global Developer Advocacy initiative. Based in Cairo, the selected candidate will be working with the Middle East and Africa Developer Advocacy leader, and supporting Developer Advocates in different countries across the region.
The objective for the Program Specialist is to win the hearts and minds of developers, drive developer advocacy, nurture developer communities in the region. While the Developer Advocates are responsible for delivery of technical content to the developers in the market, the Program Specialist will focus on curating online content, managing social media, branding, community relations, internal communications and more.
- Lead planning, reporting and results tracking for all developer events taking place in Middle East and Africa
- Manage developer related content on IBM Middle East and Africa's external social media channels
- Manage the technical content created by Developer Advocates to be published on IBM's page for developers
- Manage the full calendar and execution of webinars and their promotion to the developer audience
- Manage the content and creation of internal newsletter
- Be the point of contact between IBM Worldwide and Middle East & Africa about IBM Developer branding, event guidelines, assets, merchandise etc.
- Be the focal point for processes related to Developer Advocacy (event management, finance, procurement etc.)
- Be responsible for the bi-weekly reporting of event status and progress on KPIs
Required Professional and Technical Expertise
- Minimum 5 years of experience in software/application development and coding
- A track record of actively participating in and engaging with open source and technical communities
- Understanding of a wide range of modern cloud, IoT, and AI concepts and architectures
- Demonstrated experience of advocacy for a technology, brand or cause
- Great communication skills, including writing and speaking to technical audiences
- Event planning and execution
- Budget management
- Social media and digital content creating and management
- Visual design
- IT industry knowledge is a plus
About Business Unit
Digital Sales is a specialized sales organization with a purpose-built infrastructure consisting of Global Digital Sales Centers in Atlanta GA, Chicago IL, Dallas TX, and Littleton MA. Digital Sales teams engage with clients of all sizes and markets to grow their businesses by solving strategic and tactical business problems with IBM's proven cognitive and cloud technology solutions.
Your Life at IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities - where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust - where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You at IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
About the Company
For more than six decades, IBM Middle East & Pakistan has played a vital role in shaping the information technology landscape of the region. Today, IBM is part of the region's technological fabric, solving real-world business and societal challenges, through its offices in UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait and Pakistan, and also a diversity of centers across the region.
Within the region, IBM currently has groundbreaking initiatives in cloud computing, analytics, mobile, security, as well as nanotechnology, eGovernment, healthcare and many more, collaborating with leading educational institutes and governments. IBM supports hundreds of clients to drive transformation through technology, contributes to regional research & development programs and has an active Corporate Service Corps (CSC) program.
Reinvention is a keyword in the company's history and, today, IBM is much more than a "hardware, software, services" company. IBM is now emerging as a cognitive solutions and cloud platform company.