Job description / Role
Technology Cloud Engineer
Oracle is offering a unique opportunity to join the Technology Cloud Engineer Team. Oracle Cloud solutions enables developers, IT professionals, and business leaders to develop, extend, connect, secure, mobilize, share data, and get insights across apps. Innovate faster, increase productivity, and lower costs with the most complete, open, and secure PaaS offerings. Oracle Cloud Platform offers the same capabilities in the cloud as on premises-for the greatest choice and access. The mission of this team is to work closely with our customers show how our IaaS and PaaS Cloud Solutions can address their Cloud computing requirements.
As a Cloud Solution Engineer, you will be able to combine natural technical curiosity with the ability to understand our customer's unique requirements and show how Oracle Cloud technologies can provide the right solutions.
If you have software development experience, are technically curious, have a good understanding of cloud architecture and cloud related technologies (cloud native applications, APIs, micro-services, serverless, Docker/Kubernetes, etc.), enjoy engaging with customers and are excited about sharing your passion for Cloud technology then this is a great opportunity for you.
• Be a technical expert on the Oracle Cloud Platform and related Trial/PAYG environments and processes
• Actively engage with, guide and support customers, to deliver an excellent user experience and drive conversions to paid usage
• Engage remotely with users to present and demonstrate the Oracle Cloud Platform, and use techniques such as 'reverse demonstrations' in order to help and guide the users
• Convey a compelling and convincing case for Oracle Infrastructure and Platform services and encourage participation in the Oracle Cloud Services programs.
• Participate and engage in online communities to increase the profile of Oracle Cloud IAAS & PAAS, and encourage trial adoption.
• Stay in close contact with Oracle Product Strategy and Development teams to relay new or changing customer needs.
• Strong understanding of cloud computing as it is adopted by IT departments, lines of business and developers.
• 6+ years of experience in presales consulting: communication, listening, presenting, demonstrating, writing, analysis, sales process acumen.
• Experience working with public/private cloud IaaS environments.
• Understanding of sales methodologies processes and disciplines.
• The ability to positively contribute towards sales cycles and work as part of a sales team in a complex B2B environment.
• Proven knowledge of technical online social communities, ideally a regular contributor to same with excellent technical writing skills.
• A demonstrable interest in technology and the latest IT trends.
• Excellent communication skills in English and (French is a plus).
What we can Offer:
• A career within Oracle, not just a job
• The chance to work at the source of Oracle's cutting edge technology
• Great in-house training on Oracle Products and Solutions, helping you to become an expert in your field
• Ongoing in-house career development and training
• An opportunity to represent a Global and well-respected brand
• Excellent OTE and benefits package
Desired Qualifications: (or equivalent practical experience)
• AWS Certified Solutions Architect
• Associate/Professional MCSA: Cloud Platform
• MCSA: Linux on Azure
• MCSE: Cloud Platform and Infrastructure IBM Certified Solution Advisor - SoftLayer
• IBM Certified Solution Architect - Cloud Platform Solution Google Certified Professional - Cloud Architect
• Oracle Cloud Infrastructure Associate Architect
• Oracle Cloud Infrastructure Classic Associate Architect
About the Company
Oracle offers an integrated array of applications, databases, servers, storage, and cloud technologies to empower modern business. For most companies, flexibility is critical. Oracle provides a wide choice of software, systems, and cloud deployment models - including public, on-premises, and hybrid clouds - to ensure that technology flexes to the unique needs of a business.
Oracle Cloud is a complete, integrated stack of platform, infrastructure, and application services. With advanced scalability and security, Oracle Cloud enables technical agility across the enterprise, connects people to information for clearer insights, and fosters efficiency through simplified workflows.
More than 420,000 customers across 145 countries have harnessed Oracle technology to accelerate their digital transformation.