Job description / Role
- Perform engineering design tasks for coastal and waterfront projects from preliminary to final design
- Develop plans, specifications, cost estimates, and prepare final bid packages
- Perform sea level rise/climate change vulnerability assessments and adaptation planning
- Established working relationships and contact with client technical staff and project managers is desired
- Coordinate design activities and meetings between design staff, subcontractors, and client managers
- Participate in project decisions regarding technical approaches, feasibility, cost, construction approaches, and scheduling performance
- Develop conceptual drawings, performing analysis, reviewing consultants' analyses, developing metocean design criteria, performing or validating metocean studies, designing coastal defense works, and assisting in construction cost estimates.
- Minimum 8 years of experience.
- Design experience for marine and coastal structures including breakwaters, quaywalls, dredging/reclamation, beach nourishment and other port related structures.
- Applies knowledge of marine engineering principles and practices in preparation of complex engineering analyses.
- Excellent report writing and presentation skills
- Excellent command of English language in writing and speaking is the first top priority prerequisite
- Coastal modelling experience is a plus
- Project management certification (i.e. PMP or similar) is not required but considered a plus"
About the Company
Khatib & Alami, a multidisciplinary urban regional planning, architectural and engineering consulting company, offers clients an integrated approach toward the ever-increasing need for reliable project delivery systems. In-house expertise and the continuous recruitment of bright and innovative professionals enable us to meet the challenges of development with due consideration to environmental protection, social and economic characteristics of society. In close concert with clients, we have been able to consolidate factors that make the resultant project coincide with the client's vision within the time frame and budget set out for implementation.
K&A started its consulting services in Lebanon and extended the areas of its professional activities in accordance with the growth of its experience, and its human and financial resources. The company operates in various countries including Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Sultanate of Oman, State of Qatar, State of Kuwait, Kingdom of Bahrain, Yemen, Jordan, Palestine, Syria, Iraq, Algeria, Egypt, Morocco, Libya, Sudan, Kazakhstan, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Belgium, Gabon and USA. K&A employs around 4,000 professionals and technicians. Since 1984, K&A has continuously ranked among the top 100 International Design firms as published by Engineering News Record (ENR). K&A has also obtained the ISO 9001:2000 certification for its Quality Management System (QMS).