Job description / Role
Commercial Sales Manager - ME South Job
As market leader in enterprise application software, SAP helps companies of all sizes and industries innovate through simplification. From the back office to the boardroom, warehouse to storefront, on premise to cloud, desktop to mobile device – SAP empowers people and organizations to work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively to stay ahead of the competition. SAP applications and services enable customers to operate profitably, adapt continuously, and grow sustainably.
As a people manager, you are responsible for supporting the success of not only your direct reports, but the success of all employees within the larger team you are a part by helping to identify development opportunities and supporting team members to achieve their goals. You are expected to know about the members of your extended team and share insights with your peer managers. Look for opportunities to coach and recognize employees directly and provide just-in-time feedback so that employees can reflect on your input immediately.
EXPECTATIONS AND TASKS:
• Communicates SAP’s overall Commercial Sales Strategy to all stakeholders internally and externally
• Identifies key areas (regional, industry segment, solution segment, etc.) of the Commercial Sales route-to-market which enables SAP’s growth within assigned segment, territory and/or LoB
• Prioritizes these areas according to market potential and develops actionable implementation plans in accordance with regional and local business requirements and ensures an ongoing review process in order to be able to timely react on competitive challenges and market dynamics
• Ensures implementation of processes for Lead Generation, Demand Generation and Deal Execution in conjunction with Local MU stakeholders, Marketing, eCenter Leaders, Commercial Sales Innovation and Optimization team, Commercial Sales Operations, Channel, Solutions and other key stakeholders as required.
• Responsible for coverage and execution of entire territory incl. quota, top deal status review, forecast on revenue and net new names by customer segment, RTM (direct vs. indirect), education and consulting where assigned and other dimensions as assigned.
• Promotes an effective approach to improve the Commercial Sales route-to-market in assigned territory taking the regional / local market dynamics into account.
• Oversees the fulfillment of key sales KPIs (quota, budget, channel mix, mix of target and territory account business) on a regional / MU level
• Accountable for managing the Lower General Business Sales pipeline to ensure attainment of Lower GB business unit targets and performance goals
• Manages and drives sales execution according to business targets in order to significantly contribute to SAP ambitious growth and acquisition of new customers in the area assigned. Provides proper coaching to the team around sales cycle execution and pipeline development – leverage the reporting and call recording tools
• Review of top deal status, account- and opportunities plans for key deals requiring senior management support
• Promotes appropriate involvement of partners in sales cycles for target and territory accounts in order to drive aspired indirect revenue target and achieve target profitability within assigned territory(ies)
• Coordinates the Commercial Sales activities with broader sales, marketing and solution initiatives to ensure this is part of an integrated sales approach
• Monitors execution of activities, identifies risks and defines / implements activities to prevent critical situations
Pipeline and Demand Management
• Ensures healthy pipeline is in place for assigned area of responsibility: designs Demand Generation activities jointly with the Innovation and Optimization team and Inside Marketing team
• Develops, drives and implements sales initiatives and campaigns with Marketing and the Demand Center
Territory / Account Planning
• Ensures sales territories are defined and accounts are allocated; reviews performance on a regular base and requests adjustments necessary
• Allocates appropriate resources (CSE’s, Presales, etc.) and targets in the light of territory potential, coverage needs and channel capacity & capability; reviews resource allocation on a regular basis and adjusts accordingly
• Conducts regular business review meetings or forecast calls
• Plans, builds and maintains strong business relationships with key strategic customers, partners and executives on a regional and local level to help drive Commercial Sales strategic priorities
• Ensures successful roll out of programs and offerings in key markets in close cooperation with SAP’s internal units, via partners and/or leveraging marketing events
• Monitors success of Commercial Sales programs and offerings, evaluates results based on common targets and initiates enhancement of activities in order to drive SAP’s growth targets
Deal Support / Escalation Management
• Supports Commercial Sales team in top deals / complex sales opportunities whenever high degrees of seniority, industry knowledge and knowledge of the overall strategy are required
• Handles issues within the organization that require management attention
• Manages customer / partner escalations in a proactive and professional manner in order to maintain satisfaction levels and to secure future business
• Ensures timely roll-in of customers’ requirements regarding necessary advancements of Solutions, Processes, Systems and Tools
Leadership / People Development
• Drives in conjunction with Commercial Sales Innovation and Optimization and eCenter trainers, the execution of ongoing training and coaching programs to ensure high level of expertise and effectiveness, high employee satisfaction and increased sales readiness for all individuals in assigned territory
• Drives business and operational change within the team to drive highest levels of employee satisfaction
• Initiates recruiting and drives evaluation process of new team members in the light of coverage needs
• Oversees and is accountable for the recruitment, development and management of the Commercial Sales Business Unit
• Manages and motivates the team to meet goals and to introduce innovative strategies for successful coverage
• Manages productivity of all team members.
• Provides active coaching to improve performance.
• Shares best practices on people development across the team
• Minimum 10 years Successful Sales experience with deal closure responsibilities AND 5 years in people leadership responsibilities
• Sales coaching DNA
• Industry/Vertical-specific experience as appropriate
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATION / SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
• Business level English: yes
• Business level local language: yes
• Bachelor equivalent: yes
• Master: not required, but equivalent experience is preferred
About the Company
Headquartered in Walldorf, Germany, SAP is the world's largest business software company with more than 51,500 employees at sales and development locations in more than 50 countries worldwide.
Our global development approach focuses on distributing development across the world in strategically important markets. A global network of SAP Labs spanning Bulgaria, Canada, China, Germany, Hungary, India, Israel, and the United States, enables SAP to operate locally, yet organize globally.
As the global technology research unit of SAP, SAP Research significantly contributes to SAP's product portfolio and extends SAP's leading position by identifying and shaping emerging IT trends through applied research and corporate venturing. SAP Research has highly skilled teams in 11 research centers worldwide.