Job description / Role
At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. To lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems.
Your Role and Responsibilities
- Sellers in the Commercial Sales role are responsible for building and maintaining client relationships within the commercial seed territory of existing & new IBM clients.
- Individual will be responsible for the total revenue growth in the assigned EBU for the commercial seed segment that is aligned to the specific market.
- The Candidate will leverage lines of business, IT & developer relationships to grow IBM revenue, transactions, signings and monthly repeating revenues.
- Critical to success is building your territory strategies for effective account planning, when executed it leads to growth and new business for IBM.
- Emphasis will be on growing IBM services business (GTS, GBS, Cloud) and to mitigate client defection, expand existing contracts while signing net new services clients.
- Responsibilities include management of inbound client requests in the assigned commercial seed territory.
- The Candidate will work closely with the brand sellers and business partners to drive transactional and SaaS revenue.
- In this role, Commercial Sales Manager is the integrator of IBM before the client.
- They plan, facilitate and conduct negotiations reaching lasting agreements and commitments.
Candidates leverage & embrace digital tools and tactics used to prospect for new buyers, identify opportunities weekly, and involve business partners and influencers as appropriate. They leverage industry knowledge & skills to grow YTY revenues & exceed sales targets. They also showcase a desire to learn industry, technical and consultative selling skills critical for success.
In summary, sellers in this role:
- Build strategies for territory revenue growth & MRR growth while exceeding budgets.
- Create and execute various tactics to build relationships & new pipeline.
- Use tools and digital sales methodologies to expand reach into the commercial seed territory and new buyers.
- Leverage client knowledge to lead both internal and external teams to close deals (i.e. Brand Specialists and Business Partners).
- Engage developers to expand IBM's solution & tools usage with clients.
- Improve client satisfaction in the way of NPS and new client references.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Minimum 8 years of experience in Sales
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in Account Management/Territory Management
About Business Unit
Digital Sales is a specialized sales organization with a purpose-built infrastructure consisting of Global Digital Sales Centers in Atlanta GA, Chicago IL, Dallas TX, and Littleton MA. Digital Sales teams engage with clients of all sizes and markets to grow their businesses by solving strategic and tactical business problems with IBM's proven cognitive and cloud technology solutions.
Your Life at IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities - where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust - where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You at IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
About the Company
For more than six decades, IBM Middle East & Pakistan has played a vital role in shaping the information technology landscape of the region. Today, IBM is part of the region's technological fabric, solving real-world business and societal challenges, through its offices in UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait and Pakistan, and also a diversity of centers across the region.
Within the region, IBM currently has groundbreaking initiatives in cloud computing, analytics, mobile, security, as well as nanotechnology, eGovernment, healthcare and many more, collaborating with leading educational institutes and governments. IBM supports hundreds of clients to drive transformation through technology, contributes to regional research & development programs and has an active Corporate Service Corps (CSC) program.
Reinvention is a keyword in the company's history and, today, IBM is much more than a "hardware, software, services" company. IBM is now emerging as a cognitive solutions and cloud platform company.