Job description / Role
Oracle is one of the world's leading information technology companies as a provider of cloud infrastructure and enterprise application solutions, as well as on premise database and application software, engineered systems and services. Oracle has an unwavering commitment to comply with the laws of the United States and other countries in which it operates and to do so with the utmost integrity and fairness.
About the Team:
The Global Oracle Compliance & Ethics ("C&E") implements programs and initiatives to help our employees and business partners conduct business ethically and with the highest integrity. We respond quickly, efficiently, and effectively to compliance issues and answer questions brought to our attention. We work together as a team to benefit Oracle, our employees, and our customers.
About the Position:
This Paralegal Transaction Compliance position is a new and exciting role resulting from the growth and expansion of a dynamic, mature, and continually evolving Global Compliance & Ethics Program. Do you possess excellent research, analytical, and communication skills? Do you enjoy learning and mastering differing legal frameworks and rules that span many international jurisdictions? Can you prioritize assignments and complete projects on time? You will flourish in this role if you can manage a complex and changing portfolio of tasks while meeting key transactional milestones and deadlines. You will report directly to Oracle's Deputy Regional Compliance & Ethics Officer for the EMEA region, and will play an active role in the development, implementation, and continuous improvement of our Global Compliance & Ethics Program.
- Work closely with the Global and EMEA Compliance & Ethics Team to assure implementation of corporate compliance initiatives, programs, and processes.
- Knowledge leader with team on regional public sector procurement processes and procedures, with a focus on public sector tenders.
- You will become expert on Oracle's products, services, and contracting models, with a focus on Oracle's internal rules, processes, and systems related to seeking and obtaining approval for transactions.
- Identify and review public sector tender-related information and serve as an escalation point and approver on transactions to ensure adherence to Oracle internal policies, approvals.
- Review and analyzing the economics of certain public sector transactions to evaluate whether the transactions can proceed.
- Use Oracle data analytics to provide updates and reports and help to improve Oracle compliance tools through ongoing engagement and feedback.
- Interact cross-functionally with internal audit teams, human resources, finance, operations, sales, channels, and information security and to implement the Oracle Compliance & Ethics program.
- Integrity and commitment to the highest ethical standards and personal values
- Undergraduate and legal degrees from top institutions, 1- 3 years post qualification experience
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Fluency in English, written and oral. Fluent written and spoken Arabic is an additional language skill that is strongly preferred
- Experience with public procurement processes and requirements is an advantage. You should have a firm understanding of the basic requirements of global anticorruption laws (including the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act.)
- Strong organizational and time-management skills are essential.
- Experience in the technology industry as well as previous experience in compliance preferred
If you are proactive, innovative, confident, efficient, work independently, and collaborate effectively, this may be an exciting opportunity for you. We are seeking a teammate who exhibits great judgment, resiliency, the ability to see through long-term goals and objectives, and who experiences a sense of joy and satisfaction in helping colleagues do the right thing the right way.
Oracle is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applicants of every race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, medical condition, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law - we do not discriminate against any such applicants.
About the Company
Oracle offers an integrated array of applications, databases, servers, storage, and cloud technologies to empower modern business. For most companies, flexibility is critical. Oracle provides a wide choice of software, systems, and cloud deployment models - including public, on-premises, and hybrid clouds - to ensure that technology flexes to the unique needs of a business.
Oracle Cloud is a complete, integrated stack of platform, infrastructure, and application services. With advanced scalability and security, Oracle Cloud enables technical agility across the enterprise, connects people to information for clearer insights, and fosters efficiency through simplified workflows.
More than 420,000 customers across 145 countries have harnessed Oracle technology to accelerate their digital transformation.