Consultant / Senior Consultant, Audit Valuation Specialist
Ernst & Young
Job description / Role
From small businesses to some of the world's best-known brands, our clients count on reliable financial statements, information, and processes to inform their on-going strategies. More than ever, business is about interpreting and reacting to complex data - and our clients look to us for advice and services they can trust every time. You will use your professional skills and experience to make it happen across a broad range of industries and responsibilities.
Our tailored external audit services help build trust and confidence through transparency, clarity and consistency. We are 79,000+ professionals based worldwide across 150 countries. Audit services involve reporting on the fairness in all material respects with which a client's audited financial statements are presented, in conformity with the applicable financial reporting framework.
We are expanding our audit valuation and impairment practice in Egypt and looking for talented professionals with a background in financial valuation, modelling, analytics and impairment reviews to assess and provide value and insight to our client portfolio.
Your key responsibilities
- As an executive of the Audit Specialist Support Hub, you will spend your day working as a member of MENA audit teams advising, coaching and challenging your colleagues on various valuation estimates and assumptions, including assessing appropriateness of the valuation techniques and methodology used to develop those estimates and assumption.
- You will understand the key business drivers, co-developing our approach with the client and your audit colleagues, agreeing value techniques and methodology, and providing value to the client through insights, factual conclusions, and advice.
- As an Audit Valuation Specialist, you will assist in the audit procedures over the measurement of valuation accounting estimates. This will include developing an independent point estimate or range, testing the client's process for developing the estimate and evaluating the work of management's specialist to determine how and whether it can be used as audit evidence (and to assist with the design and execution of any additional procedures)
- You will plan, prepare, and review deliverables in various forms including excel data books, written reports, presentations, and discussions with the client.
Skills and attributes for success
- Proactivity, accountability, and result- driven people will flourish in this environment.
- Dealing with competing priorities, understanding how to manage resources and communicating effectively are key skills.
- This will have a huge impact on those around you and help promote a positive work ethic.
To qualify for the role, you must have
- Bachelor's degree in the field of accounting & financial management
- Minimum of two years of work experience in financial consulting, with a specific focus in financial valuation
- Valuation and modelling experience in the various sectors. As a minimum, it is expected you should have performed multiple business valuations (DCF/Guideline Public Companies Method and Precedent Transactions methods) and purchase price allocations, developed complex financial models (including debt financing), prepared feasibility studies and supported on the review of multiple 3rd party appraisal reports.
- In-depth understanding of complex valuation fundamentals [discounts & premiums, option pricing models, PWERM, intangible asset valuation], and experience in market assessment, market sizing and supply-demand gaps analysis
- Strong excel skills to design, test and build valuation models
- Knowledge in IFRS and managing complex audit engagements
- Experienced in analytics, including data collection, reconciliations and classification
- Compliance with and understanding of regulatory requirements
- Flexibility to travel across the MENA region based on client engagements
Ideally, you'll also have
- Previous valuation and modelling experience in a professional services/Big 4 or similar environment
- Understanding of the broader GCC/MENA market
- Ability to Identify and address indicators of possible management bias towards accounting valuation estimates .
- Exercise professional skepticism when verifying valuation estimates and assumptions because of their inherent nature .
What we look for
We are interested in entrepreneurs who have the confidence to develop and promote a brand-new strategic vision both internally and externally. You will be business savvy with a passion for innovation as well as the motivation to create your own EY journey.
What we offer
We offer a competitive compensation package where you'll be rewarded based on performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. Plus, we offer:
- Continuous learning: You'll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next .
- Success as defined by you: We'll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way .
- Transformative leadership: We'll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs .
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You'll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs .
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It's yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
About the Company
EY is a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services. The insights and quality services we deliver help build trust and confidence in the capital markets and in economies the world over. We develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders. In so doing, we play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities.
EY refers to the global organization, and may refer to one or more, of the member firms of Ernst & Young Global Limited, each of which is a separate legal entity. Ernst & Young Global Limited, a UK company limited by guarantee, does not provide services to clients. Information about how EY collects and uses personal data and a description of the rights individuals have under data protection legislation are available on our site.
The MENA practice of EY has been operating in the region since 1923. For over 95 years, we have grown to over 7,500 people united across 21 offices and 16 countries, sharing the same values and an unwavering commitment to quality. As an organization, we continue to develop outstanding leaders who deliver exceptional services to our clients and who contribute to our communities. We are proud of our accomplishments over the years, reaffirming our position as the largest and most established professional services organization in the region