Job description / Role
Consulting, Financial Services - Insurance Advisory - Senior Associate/Manager
Line of Service
Job Description & Summary
The Financial Services Consulting team provides a full range of consulting services to our Banking, Insurance &Financial Services clients. PwC's Insurance consulting practice provides services in business transformation areas including:
• Customer experience
• Top down business strategy
• Operational transformation, process reengineering, automation
• Market assessment and opportunity identification
• Digital & technology
• Cost rationalization
• Productivity agenda, and other related topics
The Insurance industry is undergoing fundamental transformation as it comes up against the impact of new regulation, new technology, accelerating shifts in consumer demand and mounting competition from InsurTech players.
As a member of our growing team, you will navigate this increasingly complex and uncertain business and geopolitical landscape by helping organizations become more effective by looking beyond the traditional boundaries of the insurance business to improve the way they operate; manage costs; better align people, process and technology initiatives; support business growth to maintain or improve competitive edge. In doing so, we focus on their agendas and the big issues they need to deal with, both today and in the future.
We are looking for dynamic, flexible, proactive and hardworking experienced consultants who have a passion for shaping insurance sector positively in the GCC over the coming years. We have a strong pipeline of large,
transformational opportunities with our clients which will provide great opportunities for all our people to step up and play significant and rewarding roles.
• As a Manager / Senior Associate, you will support, build and manage project teams to deploy innovative end-to-
• end solutions for our clients on transformation projects, across the above-mentioned areas:
• Responsible for supporting sales and delivery of insurance proposition and build the team to ensure PwC positions itself as market leading trusted advisor for our insurance clients.
• Support / Lead sales pitches to clients and ensure growth of the insurance platform in terms of revenue terms.
• Support, Manage and lead assignments including day-to-day follow up on project teams and ensuring targets are met.
• Support, build and enhance insurance team capabilities by always being up to date with trends in the market and understanding the impact on our clients so that you can help shape their thinking and our success in the market.
• Develop propositions and impart this knowledge to Managers, Associates and Senior Associates within the team.
• Work with colleagues in all Middle Eastern offices on client work and internal initiatives as well as with international teams where appropriate.
• Keep up to date with current trends from the region and from across the world. Demonstrate teamwork and
• responsibility with the engagement team members; stay abreast of current business and economic developments relevant to the client's business; and use current technology and tools to enhance the effectiveness of services provided.
• Whilst working in the Insurance Consulting team, you will develop your understanding of the key themes in the market and in the region.
• You will work collaboratively with other Insurance experts to shape the future our our clients and to bring about positive change.
• You will have access to all the latest training and development tools and the support of the wider PwC network.
• Education: Bachelor's degree in Finance, Business, and Economics, Quantitative Analysis or other relate major required.
• CA/CFA/MBA or equivalent is preferred
• Years of Experience 8+ years of experience in the insurance industry - management consulting / Big 4
• consulting / technology experience with insurance sector focus will be preferred
• Language Skills: Bilinguals with excellent English / Arabic communication skills (verbal and written),
• particularly ability to articulate concepts and recommendations in written form (PowerPoint reports, charts etc.)
• Exposure to digital, transformation, technology, risk, project management, finance transformation, IFRS 17 projects
• Good understanding of insurance solutions (products) life cycle
• Excellent organizational skills, having the ability to prioritize workload whilst being resilient and being able to cope well under pressure and meeting tight deadlines.
• Proven IT skills in Excel, Word and Powerpoint.
• The ability and willingness to travel within the Middle East, where the project dictates.
• Strong capability to lead sales and manage delivery.
• Strong ability to manage large project/ consulting teams
• In depth financial sector acumen and the underlying market forces affecting the performance of organizations and their strategic objectives.
• Demonstrated track record in development and implementation of practical solutions to complex strategic challenges.
• Proven strong conceptualized thinking and analytical capabilities.
• Demonstrated track record in business development and sales.
• Should have a track record in relationship management and business development.
• Should have gained previous experience in managing staff and the ability to demonstrate leadership skills.
• Strong portfolio / program/ project management skills.
About the Company
At PwC Middle East, we’ve set out an ambitious purpose and strive to live it everyday: to solve important problems and build trust in society.
We’re a community of solvers that come together in unexpected ways to build trust and create sustained outcomes. We solve important problems, support one another as we grow, develop and build fulfilling careers.
PwC provides industry-focused services for public and private clients across Assurance and Audit, Deals, Consulting, Tax and Legal. We draw on our development legacy that brings together the collective experience of over 7,000 people in our region with offices across 12 countries to solve for tomorrow.
We’re striving to consistently deliver innovative work that builds trust and delivers sustained outcomes. And we’re proud of the strength that comes from all our diﬀerent backgrounds and experiences and we value everyone’s uniqueness. We thrive in uncertainty, operate with integrity and leverage the diverse perspectives of our teams.
If you’re looking for a place that fuels your ambition to make a difference, that matches your curiosity with continuous learning opportunities and reimagines ways of working to enable you to lead a more balanced life, then you’re a future PwCer.