Job description / Role
Contract Officer M/F
About the company
RATP Dev, is a multinational French company, operating across the world, is committed to developing and optimizing public transportation systems. Everywhere, we operate to boost the local economy and quality of life of our passengers. Everywhere, we are driven by excellence, passion, and determination in welcoming challenge.
RATP Dev Middle East is the regional head office of RATP Dev which operates and maintains urban transportation systems in 13 countries, on four continents, carrying more than 1.5 billion annual passengers on its networks. Headquartered in Dubai for 10 years, RATP Dev Middle East has become a leading innovative and sustainable mobility players in the MENA region. Recognized as a worldwide expert in automated metro, RATP Dev has been awarded significant contracts in the Middle East and is now operating a total of 5 driverless metro lines in the region, including two of the Riyadh metro in Saudi Arabia.
In the larger MENA region, RATP Dev operates Algiers metro, Algeria's tramway networks, and Casablanca (Morocco) tramways. RATP Dev will soon be in charge of the operations and maintenance of Cairo Line 3 and its future extension therefore we are actively sourcing quality talent for this new and exciting venture in Egypt.
About the job
To provide Mobility Cairo Contract Manager support with contract governance activities (invoicing/billing, communication, reporting...) as well as administrative support when needed.
The contract officer will act as a liaison officer, coordinating activities with relevant departments and teams to timely manage Mobility Cairo reports to and correspondences with the employer. Further, She/He will support the contract manager with coordinating efforts with Mobility Cairo Finance Department (more so with the NPP Purchasing Manager) ensuring all procurement activities and contracting is aligned with the Mobility Cairo Contract and the local law.
- Supports the Contract Manager in the activities relevant to the Mobility Cairo Service Provision Contract/Agreement management and governance (billing, communication, reporting...).
- Support the Contract Manager with collecting information and data internally and externally.
- Support the Contract Manager with the production of weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reports on time.
- Supports the Contract Manager with the timely drafting of correspondence responses (to employer and other external correspondence). Further, their timely review, approval, signature and transmission, liaising with the Document Control Manager and other relevant departments and teams.
- Responds to contract related report requests from RATPDev HQ.
- Liaise with the Finance Department to timely invoice/bill the employer and supports the Contract Manager with the invoice/bill documentation.
- Liaise with the relevant Mobility Cairo departments and teams during external contracts drafting and negotiation.
- Support the Contract Manager in ensuring all contracts are aligned to the Mobility Cairo procurement policy, employer requirements and local laws.
- Provide administrative support as needed. Extensive experience in supervising projects to make sure that the contract terms address all of the client's requirements.
- Extensive experience in supervising projects to make sure that the contract terms address all of the client's requirements.
- Sound knowledge of preparing contract closeou
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or business is preferable.
- Project qualification like PMP is preferred.
- Risk Management qualification as RMP is preferred.
- Demonstrate an understanding of legal terminology.
- Exemplify a strong attention to detail.
- Previous experience working with contract regulations is preferred.
- Capable of professionally managing confidential information.
- Detailed knowledge within the engineering and contracting business
- Fluent in English is a must
- Arabic native speaker
- Proven experience in ERP and MS Office Suites.
- The ability to draft, alter and draw up numerous contracts for clients.
- Minimum 5 to 7 years work experience in a similar role in multinational environment.
- Experience with developing relationships, negotiations and managing expectations at executive and operational levels.
- Experience with report writing.
- A solid understanding of current business processes, policies and local law is an essential asset in this position.
- Ability to analyze and troubleshoot critical matters; good adaptability and ability to work in flexible hours to meet the project demand and deadlines.
- Rail Transportation or automobile industry Sector Knowledge is preferred.
About the Company
We operate and maintain urban and intercity transportation systems in 12 countries, on four continents, carrying more than 1.5 billion annual passengers on our networks.
Our parent company, RATP, is the transportation operator for Paris and the surrounding region. It ensures 12 million trips a day on one of the world's densest and most multi-modal transportation network.
As the world's fifth-largest transportation company, RATP Group runs and maintains tens of thousands of kilometers of subway, bus, tram, and urban or intercity rail lines around the globe.
Every day we innovate for smarter, more sustainable cities by designing, operating and maintaining networks for the well-being of our passengers. Our key words: passion and determination.