Job description / Role
We are recruiting a new senior finance position for our retail client in Egypt. The Finance Manager must work highly autonomously and will lead the finance team. The role reports to the Group FD in the UAE.
Knowledge of the retail industry, how operations work, how to incentivize sales staff, negotiate leases etc is essential.
Candidates should be technical IFRS experts as well as commercially aware, acting as finance business partner and advisor to the Country GM.
Our client has huge growth plans, so candidates must accept being hands-on while the company is in its growth phase, and should quickly be able to grow when business has expanded in the next 18 months.
• Responsible for the accounting team (tax, fixed assets, GL, AP, AR, reporting), training and developing where needed
• Partner with the local GM in order to help him develop the business further
• Manage the analytical review of financial variances of budget versus actual and provide timely reporting back to the Group FD.
• Lead the budgeting process and manage cash Flow forecasts and Balance Sheet forecasts.
• Review and improve all current systems and procedures, implementing the new ERP system
• Responsible for analytical variance analysis of Balance Sheet and Profit & Loss accounts.
• Implementing and maintaining a system of internal controls that will ensure company assets are adequately safeguarded and that all financial reporting is prepared in compliance with all financial policies, local Laws and IFRS
• Ensure effective cash flow management by monitoring and controlling daily cash and investment positions in order to ascertain availability of cash to meet business and contractual commitments while maintaining an optimal level of liquidity by investing excess funds.
• Ensure the accuracy of data and adherence of the accounting system to IFRS.
• Execute month-end and year-end closing activities as per policies and procedures, maintain, and reconcile General Ledger accounts ensuring quality and efficiency in the deliverables
• Foster an effective working relationship with auditors both internal and external to ensure all recommendations and findings are identified by audit are acted upon promptly with the necessary action implemented
• Ensure all department MIS statements and reports are prepared timely and accurately and meet company policies and requirements.
USD 8,000 to 9,000 per month inclusive of fixed allowances.
• University degree in a financial or accounting discipline.
• Qualified Accountant (CPA/CMA)
• Min 7 years of experience in an Accounting firm (Big 4 is preferred) with a few years in the retail industry
• Worked in a change-management environment
• Proven ability to manage a large team
• At least 5 years in a managerial position in a multinational company
Thank you for your interest. All applications are viewed and evaluated according to the role requirements. We aim to contact shortlisted candidates within 2 weeks. As we often receive a high volume of applications, we are unable to reply to everyone. If you have not heard back from us within 2 weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful.
About the Company
Inspire Selection is an award winning recruitment agency, headquartered in Dubai which recruits across the Middle East region. We employ highly knowledgeable, professional consultants who are experts in connecting the right people with the right opportunities. Our reputation has been built upon our honesty, integrity and our ability to source candidates of the highest calibre right across our specialist sectors. As a result, we are recruitment partners to a wide spectrum of organisations - from leading blue chip companies to smaller, local businesses. Sectors we cover include HR, Administration, Finance & Accounting, Legal, Sales & Marketing including Digital Marketing, IT, Oil/Gas/Energy, Engineering, Procurement, Manufacturing, Higher Education.
CFO - Chief Financial Officer
Finance Admin Manager
Chief Financial Officer
A Leading Packaging Services Company In The UAE
Finance and Admin Manager
CFO - Chief Financial Officer