Job description / Role
Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain. BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own. With operations in over 120 countries, the company's global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup - inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Baker Hughes, a GE company is seeking Country Security Manager Egypt & Sudan to be based in Egypt
- Develop and maintain process of planning, designing, budgeting and implementing integrated security solutions for all new, refurbished and current BHI facilities.
- Program to include, but not limited to standardization, operational security requirements, training and reporting.
- Acts as the Supply Chain Security Lead.
- Serves as the lead liaison with government regulatory security officials.
- Conduct, manage, maintain and train ESCM Team on the use of Scurvies to ensure standard processes and methodologies are being used during security assessments.
- Manage the Technical Security Engineer to ensure all physical security projects are on time and in compliance with BHI standards Ensure BHI security programs and asset
- Central focal point for all security related matters in the country.
- Risk Assessment Activities and Security Programs
- Evaluate a variety of pro-active programs and products designed to anticipate and minimize BHGE exposure to potential security threats and determine appropriate responses.
- Investigation - Manage a portfolio of sophisticated and sensitive investigations to resolve allegations of criminal activity, serious violations of corporate policy and serious acts of impropriety. Conduct background investigations and due diligence.
- Analytical Activities - Conduct strategic reviews within the assigned country of incident, threats and risk to evaluate the efficiency and effectiveness of existing programs, controls and mitigation measures.
- Conduct strategic review of security services and client needs.
- Finance - Manage the security spend for BHGE both internally and with commercial team on managing projects with customers and EPC.
- Security Awareness & Training Activities - Ensure that appropriate security awareness training needs in the businesses are correctly identified and the relevant specific training delivered. This encompasses a wide variety of security-related topics, including compliance, fraud, corruption, conflict of interest, plant-type crime, terrorism, substance abuse, workplace violence, travel and personal security.
- Crisis Management and Business Continuity (CM/BC) - Develop, train and drill CM/BC within the country.
- Executive Protection - Conduct threat and risk assessments, develop executive protection plans for the protection of senior BHGE executives during potential high-profile events and Annual Shareholder meetings and Board Meetings.
- Relationships - Interface and brief BHGE senior management. Work in partnership with all other internal functions and business leaders.
- Establish and maintain liaison and professional contacts with security and intelligence communities and with industry counterparts.
- Have the ability to interact with Government Intelligence sources and foreign government officials to coordinate security requirements for BHGE operations.
- To lead the Administration Team driving efficiencies and processes helping operations and functions achieving the best outcome.
- Effective oral and written communication skills, and the ability to coordinate multiple tasks in a high pressure, fast paced environment.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills a must.
- Strong computer skills required.
- Recognized international security accreditation / certification.
- Military or Police experience would be beneficial to the position.
- Emotional intelligence
- Experienced investigator, to include financial investigations and due diligence investigations.
- Good knowledge of security system technologies.
- Experience with business resilience and crisis/emergency response management.
- Liaison experience with national, state and local law enforcement, government regulatory agencies and private industrial security.
- Demonstrates the ability to develop, enhance, and deliver security programs.
- Effective influencing, presentation and facilitation skills.
- Ability to communicate complex and sensitive situations to various levels of the organization and external environments.
- Ability to work in Teams or as an individual.
- Ability to exercise effective independent judgment and take appropriate action.
- Demonstrated ability in conflict resolution and consensus building.
- Effective at developing internal and external alliances to fulfill security mission
- Comfortable working in ambiguous environments and working within matrix organizations - Prior experience of the Oil and Gas industry.
- Team player and leadership skills.
- Previous experience of working in Egypt
- Bachelor's Degree in a related field and 10+ years' experience in conducting and management of investigations, physical security and/or law enforcement function including access control and background investigations.
- Experience deploying enterprise solutions.
- Military security experience in addition to industry experience preferred.
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
About the Company
GE is a diversified technology, media and financial services company, dedicated to creating products that make life better. From aircraft engines and power generation to financial services, medical imaging, television programming and oil and gas, GE operates in more than 100 countries and employs over 300,000 people worldwide.
GE's Oil & Gas business is a leader in the development and delivery of advanced product and service offerings for the global oil and gas industry. As a consequence of the rapid expansion of its technology base, GE's Oil & Gas is capable of addressing the largest and most complex engineering and application challenges entirely from its own worldwide resources. So whether it's the world's largest LNG compression trains, re-injection of high sulfur gas, enhancing the safety and productivity of the world's oil and gas pipelines, or equipment for the production of oil and gas from harsh environments, GE is leading the charge.