Job description / Role
Souq.com an Amazon Subsidiary is the largest ecommerce site in the Arab world. Every month, Souq.com attracts more than 40 million visits to its catalogue of more than 8.5 million unique products in 35 different categories, including Fashion, Books, Automotive, Consumer Electronics, Household Goods, Watches, Perfumes, Toys, and Baby products. Established in 2005, Souq.com today operates both as an award-winning retail business and an online marketplace that allows SMEs, merchants, brands and distributors to distribute their products online. With more than 3,000 employees, we have offices and local operations in UAE, Egypt, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, and leading Product and Engineering centers in Jordan and India. We offer competitive salaries, benefits, and a unique opportunity to join the leading player in an ever growing and exciting industry.
- Follow up & resolve EGP customer complaints via phone, email, mail, or social media. Use telephones to reach out to customers and verify account information.
- Adhere to the call scenario & maintaining the AHT (Average Handling Time)
- Assist with placement of orders, refunds, or exchanges.
- Advise on company information.
- Take payment information and other pertinent information such as addresses and phone numbers. Place or cancel orders.
- Answer questions about warranties or terms of sale.
- Act as the company gatekeeper.
- Meeting the quality communicated standards of the call Attempt to persuade customer to reconsider cancellation.
- Inform customer of deals and promotions.
- Carries responsibility for meeting communicated targets: sales, lead generation, appointment settings, etc.
- Utilize computer technology to handle high call volumes.
- Work with customer service Supervisor to ensure proper customer service is being delivered.
- Participates in individual & team training/meetings to bring knowledge up-to-date. Handle changes in policies or renewals.
- Adheres to Souq policies & procedures.
- Achieves the FCR (First Call Resolution) target: particularly for support calls
- Adheres to work schedule and accommodates business requests (including flexible locations & working hours)
- Maintains confidentiality of the customer data Performs other related duties
- 1+ year of relevant customer service experience
- Internet navigation and troubleshooting Skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Outlook and MS Office applications
- Excellent communication skills (spoken and written)
- Flexibility in work schedule -(Shifts will possibly start and end outside of normal business hours)
- Some college degree preferred
- 1+ year of relevant phone or email customer service experience
- Ability to multi-task with phone and computer skills
- Experience working in a customer service or call center preferred
- Experience working under pressure in a fast-paced work environment while consistently meeting standards for productivity and quality
- Demonstrated ability to work as an effective team member
About the Company
Amazon.ae, formerly Souq.com, is an English-Arabic language e-commerce platform, owned by Amazon, Inc. It is the largest e-commerce platform in the Arab world. On March 28, 2017, Amazon.com Inc. confirmed it would be acquiring Souq.com for $580 million. On May 1, 2019, Souq.com became known as Amazon.ae.