Job description / Role
Retain and grow Refinitiv’s Enterprise market share by proactively developing and deploying domain-based strategies in collaboration with market development and account management teams.
As a subject matter expert to pre-sales and pursuit activities, act in of support Account Managers by focusing on all sales (new, cross-sells, up-sells) for proposition in a given territory with both existing and new customers. Lead on deals aligned to specific propositions and serve accounts within a defined territory. The role works in close partnership with internal stakeholders to proactively drive gross sales and revenue.
Also within the post-sales requirement of the role, drive commercial value creation through adoption of all Refinitiv solutions purchased by the customer to achieve revenue retention and customer engagement. Play a key role in enhancing customer experience by leveraging a network of experts across Refinitiv and ensuring customers’ business objectives are achieved though full utilization of solutions into the daily workflow of end-users. The scope includes Eikon products that will engage customer across all Refinitiv products and services and identification of opportunities (cross sell, up sell) that are passed through to Sales and Account Management.
The focus will be within the Trading aspect of the business – the products will include, but not limited to, Desktop, Post-trade and complex solutions like Electronic Trading for sell side, and REDI for buy-side trading.
• Retains and grows recurring business / usage growth on selected products.
• Focus on net growth and responsible for net sales within predefined portfolio of accounts or territory.
• Structure, negotiate and close deals.
• Proactively identify pipeline opportunities, governed by the Account Managers.
• Develop the sales strategy for their proposition within their territory.
• Provide insights and share Refinitiv thought leadership on their proposition with customers.
• Deliver customer demonstrations on their specific propositions.
• Deliver tailored engagements (e.g. enterprise workshops) that help customers to maximize the value derived from Refinitiv solutions post sale and build intimacy.
• Use specialist knowledge to demonstrate and educate customers on relevant functionality and content resulting in increased usage and product adoption.
• Interpret and take action on usage information focusing on “at risk” customers to mitigate cancellations and identify value optimisation opportunities.
• Promote insights relevant to customers’ workflow and act as a voice of the customer internally, feeding back their experiences.
• Provide transparency to the customer and act a ‘quarterback’ to ensure Refinitiv delivers on sales commitments.
• Shepherd customers to support channels available as part of the value Refinitiv provides.
• Develop and execute retention strategies as part of the customer success plan for accounts, in conjunction with Account Managers.
• Identify and investigate opportunities to raise to Account Manager for action and share insights to aid the sales process.
• Builds on expert knowledge to target client base, recognises client needs and propose solutions.
• Provides customer feedback to product development and represents the “voice of the customer”.
• Maintains accurate and up-to-date customer contact, engagement and opportunity data in the appropriate Client Relationship Management Systems.
• 5+ years of industry, sales or market experience
• Prior work experience and in-depth domain expertise in Energy / Commodities workflow
• Proven track record in a quota bearing sales environment
• Deep market understanding including a) expert understanding of financial market b) knowledge of relevant market c) strong understanding of customers' business model workflow
• World class selling skills (identify, develop, & articulate proposition/ consultative selling) as a “hunter”
• Strong sales ‘closer’
• Significant Product and Workflow Expertise (e.g. knowledge of financial modeling, Excel, MS Office); knowledge of trading floor tech / data apps
• Creative thinker and good sales ideation skills
• Presentation skills (verbal & written)
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Ability to organize and execute a sales plan
• Executive presence
• Experience selling to C- level executives
• Travel as needed
• Strong customer service skills
• Others: Presentation skills (verbal & written); Strong interpersonal skills; ability to organize and execute a sales plan; ability to use MIS systems
• Training or related experience preferred
• College/ university degree or relevant work experience equivalent required
About the Company
Refinitiv, formerly the Financial & Risk business of Thomson Reuters, is one of the world’s largest providers of financial markets data and infrastructure. Serving more than 40,000 institutions in over 190 countries, we provide information, insights, and technology that drive innovation and performance in global markets. Our 160-year Reuters heritage of integrity enables customers to make critical decisions with confidence, while our unique open platform, best-in-class data, and cutting-edge technology bring greater opportunity to our customers. By advancing our customers, we drive progress for the entire financial community.