Job description / Role
Business Unit Introduction:
IBM Global Business Services (GBS) is a vibrant group of Business, Strategy and Technology professionals, designed specifically to be the source of market-leading Industry consulting, Application and Business process management, supported by the industry's most sophisticated outcome based delivery model, all designed to become the Digital Reinvention partner for leading clients across the world. IBM GBS provides Value-led and Asset-powered end to end solutions with global footprint in over 170 countries and empowers clients to build upon their tremendous heritage in Application Innovation processes and also to transform them for a Cloud, Cognitive and Social centric world.
Data Architect is responsible for delivering large-scale, complex data platform ï¼Œ Big Data Lake and BI programs and integrating processes and technology to help clients to achieve high performance business. The architect is responsible for designing robust data architecture and solution to meet client data management and analytics requirement. With solid knowledge on business operation and data architecture, the architect can help client propose the data life cycle management solution, design the detailed mechanism, determine the most suitable data architecture include to achieve high quality data and actionable decision making.
Key responsibilities may include:
- Design the common data architecture asset including framework, principle, guideline and template to guide the delivery team realize an optimized solution
- Design the detailed data architecture includes data governance, master data strategy, master data management, data quality, data modeling, ETL approach, data storage etc.
- Design optimal data warehouse and analytics solution to fulfill the business/technical requirement.
- Develop business intelligence and data management solution plan. The solution plan includes requirements, solution design, estimation, project plan and implementation considerations
- Identify the gap between business requirement and data architecture and propose solution to resolve or shorten the gap.
- Shaping and leading large-scale analytics project full lifecycle implementation activities.
- Manage delivery team or vendor to achieve project objective and establish the KPI to monitor the progress, risk and issue.
- Introduce leading practice and data management trend, Accenture PoV to influence client expectation.
- Engage with client deeply at Manager and C level.
- Represent the architecture design efforts to Manager and C-level executive.
- Cultivating client relationships and driving revenue acquisition.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- At least 10 years experience in a consultancy role in the Data domain
- At least 6 years performing Data Architecture & Design
- At least 6 years experience in the Analytics, Business Intelligence, Big Data and/or Data Warehousing domain, Information Governance
- Deep business knowledge in at least one major industry
- Excellent Communication & Presentation Skills
- Team Player, open to experience, fast learner & troubleshooter
- Strong business ac-cumin and experience in responding to RFX
- Practical knowledge across data extraction and transformation tools - traditional ETL tools (DataStage, Informatica)as well as more recent big data tools is a plus
- English: Fluent
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Preferred Education: None
Key Job Details
- Country: EG
- State: AL QAHIRAH
- City: CAIRO
- Category: Architect
- Required Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Position Type: Professional
- Employment Type: Full-Time
- Contract Type: Regular
- Req ID: 183035BR
- Location: CAIRO, AL QAHIRAH EG
About the Company
For more than six decades, IBM Middle East & Pakistan has played a vital role in shaping the information technology landscape of the region. Today, IBM is part of the region's technological fabric, solving real-world business and societal challenges, through its offices in UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait and Pakistan, and also a diversity of centers across the region.
Within the region, IBM currently has groundbreaking initiatives in cloud computing, analytics, mobile, security, as well as nanotechnology, eGovernment, healthcare and many more, collaborating with leading educational institutes and governments. IBM supports hundreds of clients to drive transformation through technology, contributes to regional research & development programs and has an active Corporate Service Corps (CSC) program.
Reinvention is a keyword in the company's history and, today, IBM is much more than a "hardware, software, services" company. IBM is now emerging as a cognitive solutions and cloud platform company.