Job description / Role
- Support of solution construction, implementation and systems integration, delivering high quality solutions to clients in response to varying business requirements.
- Tasks performed require integrating hardware, software, storage and network solutions. Identify project requirements, developing solution delivery, which may include vendors and subcontractors.
- Collaborates with others to provide services in carrying out assigned duties.
- Has latitude working within established processes and procedures.
- May be involved in new or complex designs, layouts, products, devices, components, methods or procedures.
- Ability to articulate and compare alternative approaches.
- Negotiation with specified objectives with client team is required.
- Works on professional level projects with minimal guidance from more experienced individuals.
- Position requires in-depth knowledge of one major platform, process or architecture.
- Performs assigned technical tasks including study, limited programming, and product installation.
- Must possess a strong operational knowledge of applicable operating systems, application programs, system diagnostics and remote support structure.
- Provides technical guidance and assistance to others; may serve as lead technical advisor for the IT team. Assists in the identification of new IT services opportunities.
- The employee focuses on individual/team/department/ operational objectives.
- Professional knowledge related to incumbent's department or function.
- Engaged as an independent professional. Ability to articulate and compare alternatives approaches. Negotiate with specified objectives.
- Recognize problems related to project objectives.
- Creativity and judgment applied to professional technical, or operational problems. Independently generates solutions, based on analytical skills & business knowledge.
- Challenge the validity of given procedures and processes to enhance and improve or develop complementary adjustments /solutions.
- Works on special projects, or leads small teams, or manages routine technical/ operational activities or departments (national or international).
- Understands departmental mission and vision.
- Provides advice in technical/operational domain of specialization.
- Generally controls own work priorities and methods requiring tradeoffs.
Impact on Business/Scope:
- Accountable for individual or team, or department results, and for the impact of the results on functional activities.
- Participates in overall departmental program planning.
- May have budgetary responsibility. Contributes by supporting activities that are subject to business measurements, impact customer satisfaction, or impact immediate costs or expenses
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
- Preferred Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Commissionable: No
Key Job Details
- Country: EG
- State: AL QAHIRAH
- City: CAIRO
- Category: Technical Specialist
- Required Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Position Type: Professional
- Employment Type: Full-Time
- Contract Type: Fixed Term - Long Term
- Location: CAIRO, AL QAHIRAH EG
About the Company
For more than six decades, IBM Middle East & Pakistan has played a vital role in shaping the information technology landscape of the region. Today, IBM is part of the region's technological fabric, solving real-world business and societal challenges, through its offices in UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait and Pakistan, and also a diversity of centers across the region.
Within the region, IBM currently has groundbreaking initiatives in cloud computing, analytics, mobile, security, as well as nanotechnology, eGovernment, healthcare and many more, collaborating with leading educational institutes and governments. IBM supports hundreds of clients to drive transformation through technology, contributes to regional research & development programs and has an active Corporate Service Corps (CSC) program.
Reinvention is a keyword in the company's history and, today, IBM is much more than a "hardware, software, services" company. IBM is now emerging as a cognitive solutions and cloud platform company.