Job description / Role
Line of Service
Job Description & Summary
PwC Middle East Overview
PwC is the largest professional services firm in the Middle East with over 4,200 employees offering unparalleled range of expert capabilities from Strategy through to Deals, Consulting, Tax and Assurance Services. PwC operates across 12 countries in the region and serves both public and private sector clients. Within PwC, our Deals line of service helps organizations execute successful deals and create value through strategy definition and due diligence for domestic and cross-border M&A, divestitures and spin-offs, capital markets transactions like IPOs and debt offerings, and bankruptcies and other business reorganizations.
As a member of PwC Middle East Transaction Services team, you will assist in advising global companies, sovereign wealth funds and private equity firms on M&A transactions to reach their business goals. We conduct buy side financial due diligence (both inbound and outbound transactions), vendor/sell side due diligence, refinancing reviews, completion accounts reviews and other advisory services to help clients achieve their objective whether it be to diversify, enter new markets, reduce costs, exit businesses, or raise capital. Our work is largely focused on identifying risks/deal issues, analyzing quality of earnings, assessing debt-like items, reviewing working capital and many other areas of transaction risk.
- Demonstrates a clear understanding of the purpose of due diligence, and the distinction between audit, DD, corporate finance and valuation work.
- Following a brief introduction to an assignment by a senior team member, displays an understanding of the link between the key deal drivers/risks and the scope of work, and applies this understanding to his/her analysis by focusing on the scope, deliverables and ultimate objectives. Can clearly articulate why a particular piece of analysis is of importance. Capable of taking responsibility for defined areas of a scope, to include development of analysis, preparation of questions for target management, and participation in meetings with management.
- Shows an awareness of materiality in developing analysis and preparing questions.
- Begins to demonstrate innovative ideas for useful analysis and presentation styles.
- Adopts a skeptical mindset and common sense in equal measure in establishing the underlying drivers of balances or movements, refusing to accept explanations which make little sense.
- Demonstrates an awareness of the attributes of good report writing and is capable of drafting straightforward slides.
- Takes responsibility for managing their own time and outputs based on the broader engagement timeline.
- Consults with senior team members where necessary, but is willing to offer an opinion or proposed solution where practical.
- Ability to work additional hours as needed and travel to various client sites.
- Bachelor's degree in Commerce, Business, Accounting or other related major
- Should be a qualified CA/ACCA or equivalent (or studying towards this qualification)
- You will have an outstanding academic record from a well recognized institution
- 3+ years experience in a financial due diligence or audit
About the Company
PwC firms help organizations and individuals to create the value they're looking for.
We're a network of firms in 158 countries with close to 169,000 people who are committed to delivering quality in assurance, tax and advisory services. PwC is the brand under which member firms of PricewaterhouseCoopers International Limited (PwCIL) operate and provide services. Together, these firms form the global PwC network.
In our 3 key areas of business or Lines of Service Assurance, Tax, and Advisory we work with our clients from business start ups to the worlds leading organizations to measure, protect and enhance the things that matter most to them.
We help our own people to learn, discover, develop and make a real difference all the way through their working lives. And we have big ambitions to grow.
PwC Middle East Region is part of what we call the Central Cluster and includes the UK, Europe and Africa as well as the Middle East. The region consists of 12 markets - UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait, Bahrain, Oman, Jordan, Lebanon, Egypt, Libya, Iraq and Palestine.
PwC has been established in the region for over 40 years, we already employ over 4500 people and we are on course to become the Middle East number one professional service firm.