Job description / Role
Line of Service
Job Description & Summary
PwC Middle East Overview
PwC is the largest professional services firm in the Middle East with over 4,200 employees offering unparalleled range of expert capabilities from Strategy through to Deals, Consulting, Tax and Assurance Services. PwC operates across 12 countries in the region and serves both public and private sector clients. Within PwC, our Deals line of service helps organizations execute successful deals and create value through strategy definition and due diligence for domestic and cross-border M&A, divestitures and spin-offs, capital markets transactions like IPOs and debt offerings, and bankruptcies and other business reorganizations.
Members of the Transaction Services practice help clients navigate through complicated transactions and events, from evaluation through integration, in a multifaceted business environment. PwC helps clients negotiate with confidence. The professionals in the Transaction Services Valuation practice work on a wide range of services including business enterprise valuations and intangible and tangible asset valuations for mergers and acquisitions, dispute resolution, financial reporting and tax purposes. Our experts also perform private equity valuations and valuations of financial instruments. We offer valuation services for privately held and public companies, both domestic and international, across a variety of industry sectors.
- Bachelor's degree
- Should be a qualified CA/CFA/MBA or equivalent.
- You will have an outstanding academic record from a well recognized institution.
- Minimum 8 years experience in a similar role; significant experience in transaction support or a relevant financial position.
- Should have well developed knowledge of business valuations and their application and must have gained thorough and strong financial modelling experience.
- Should have relationship and business development skills acquired from previous working environments
- Should have gained previous experience in managing staff and will demonstrate leadership skills.
- High level of understanding of financial theory and general accounting issues
- Financial Modelling: Forecasting, Discounting, Detailed Business Plan, Feasibility Study, Cash Flow Modelling, Analysis of Balance Sheet and P& L.
- Company valuations including discounted cash flow and comparable company analysis.
- Experience of valuation techniques and building financial models
- Proven ability to conduct industry research and articulate opinions on investment opportunities.
- Should have a consulting mindset and experience.
- Strong presentation skills; business writing skills
- Strong project management skills
- Should be a self-starter with excellent commercial insight and have familiarity with the deal environment
- Excellent analytical, communication, organizational, interpersonal, and teaming skills
- PC proficiency including MS Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Good decision maker
- Ability to deliver business results
- Proven ability to work independently
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Attention to detail, with genuine appetite for growth
- Analytical and well organised
- Quick learner, with an aptitude for system/technical concepts
- Proactive nature and be able to demonstrate initiative.
- Relationship- focused (with clients, peers, management, etc.)
- Positive and enthusiastic attitude
- Excels in a team- oriented work environment
- Shows creativity in problem solving
- Self-motivation to take initiative for personal growth and development
- Professional presence
About the Company
PwC firms help organizations and individuals to create the value they're looking for.
We're a network of firms in 158 countries with close to 169,000 people who are committed to delivering quality in assurance, tax and advisory services. PwC is the brand under which member firms of PricewaterhouseCoopers International Limited (PwCIL) operate and provide services. Together, these firms form the global PwC network.
In our 3 key areas of business or Lines of Service Assurance, Tax, and Advisory we work with our clients from business start ups to the worlds leading organizations to measure, protect and enhance the things that matter most to them.
We help our own people to learn, discover, develop and make a real difference all the way through their working lives. And we have big ambitions to grow.
PwC Middle East Region is part of what we call the Central Cluster and includes the UK, Europe and Africa as well as the Middle East. The region consists of 12 markets - UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait, Bahrain, Oman, Jordan, Lebanon, Egypt, Libya, Iraq and Palestine.
PwC has been established in the region for over 40 years, we already employ over 4500 people and we are on course to become the Middle East number one professional service firm.