Job description / Role
Deputy Operations & Engineering Manager
About the company
RATP Dev, in the Middle East and across the world, is committed to developing and optimising public transportation systems. Everywhere, we operate to boost the local economy and quality of life of our passengers. Everywhere, we are driven by excellence, passion and determination in welcoming challenge.
RATP Dev Middle East is the regional head office which operates and maintains urban transportation systems in multiple countries, on four continents, carrying more than 1.5 billion annual passengers on its networks. Headquartered in Dubai, RATP Dev Middle East has become a leading, innovative and sustainable mobility player in the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) region.
In the wider MENA region, RATP Dev Mobility Cairo (RDMC) will soon be in charge of the operations and maintenance of Cairo Line 3 and its future extensions therefore we are actively sourcing quality talent for this new and exciting venture in Egypt.
About the job
The Duty Operations & Engineering Manager is in c harge of applying the operational policy defined in accordance with the Operation Direction. He/She has to manage training & documentation, Planning Managers and training & documentation and dispatching officers and Planners.
- Assists the Operation Director in his duties.
- Develops the transport offer is delivered in accordance with transport manager, maintenance, customer services and HR directions.
- Is responsible for setting up processes, methods, and organization for operations & engineering, such as:
• Railway safety (Regulation, Security & Safety, Internal Control) and Operation training (making sure that all operation staff is trained, writing all training documents and training plan),
• Running of line 3 and futures extensions of line 3 (Phase 4) ensuring the adapted transport offers,
• Providing the timetables planning of train services, overseeing the roster of all operations staff,
• Increase passenger revenue incomes.
- Ensures relations with the various services (maintenance, operations, customer service, and quality and HR teams).
- Defines medium- and long-term strategies for operations for the line(s) he manages.
- Prepares, validates and deploys corrective action plans following performance analyses (including service reability analysis, performance, service regulation calculation, planning staff, roster scheduling and timetables preparation).
- Analyzes the traffic and the revenues analysis in other to prepare adjusted timetables and the training to be prepared and managed.
- Guarantees operational KPI targets of the line are met.
- Interviews and validates new staff after the HR process.
- Personnel, who manage, perform and verify work affecting quality, railway safety, workplace safety (OH&S) and impacting on the environment shall:
• Ensures staffs under their control are aware of their responsibilities relating to the company's Rail Safety Manual, Health & Safety Manual and current Policies & Procedures.
• Initiates actions to prevent the occurrence of non-conformance relating to the company's Rail Safety Manual, Health & Safety Manual and current Policies & Procedures.
• Identifies and record problems relating to the company's Rail Safety Manual, Health & Safety Manual and current Policies & Procedures.
• Initiates, recommend or provide solutions to issues relating to the company's Rail Safety Manual, Health & Safety Manual and current Policies & Procedures.
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor degree in any related discipline, Masters degree will be preferred.
- Excellent English language skills
- Minimum 5 years' experience of extensive proven gained in a railway operation or similar environment.
- Demonstrated knowledge and skills in managing contracts and a large operational workforce (human, social, organisation and technical).
We offer a competitive remuneration package. If your qualifications, experience, and skills fit our requirements, please click on the "Apply" button above and we will review your application.
About the Company
We operate and maintain urban and intercity transportation systems in 12 countries, on four continents, carrying more than 1.5 billion annual passengers on our networks.
Our parent company, RATP, is the transportation operator for Paris and the surrounding region. It ensures 12 million trips a day on one of the world's densest and most multi-modal transportation network.
As the world's fifth-largest transportation company, RATP Group runs and maintains tens of thousands of kilometers of subway, bus, tram, and urban or intercity rail lines around the globe.
Every day we innovate for smarter, more sustainable cities by designing, operating and maintaining networks for the well-being of our passengers. Our key words: passion and determination.
Senior Project Manager
Project Director - Major Projects (Mixed-Use)
The Highfield Company
|Saudi Arabia||6 Jun|
Senior Project Manager
Currie & Brown
|Abu Dhabi||28 May|
Rider Levett Bucknall
Project Manager / Senior Project Manager
Big Fish Recruitment
|Saudi Arabia||26 Apr|