Job description / Role
Thales people architect solutions that support 85 million mainline and suburban passenger journeys, worldwide, every day. Our Rail Signalling and Communication systems are used on metro lines across major cities, and 72,000 kms of route, 52,000 trains per day in 16 countries are controlled by our Traffic Management Systems. Together We deployed the first-ever nationwide ticketing system which processes over 50 million ticketing transactions in 100 cities daily.
Thales has built a presence in Egypt for over 40 years and has today over 100 employees. Thales in Egypt is part of our Middle East business that has 1,800 people across Egypt, Iraq, Kuwait, KSA, Lebanon, Oman, Pakistan, Qatar and UAE.Together We delivered fare collection and control and communication systems for the first metro line in Africa, Metro Line 1 in Cairo. Since then we have continued to bring growth and security and safety to the country by upgrading these transportation systems as well as providing solutions for customers in air traffic management, air defence and Navy.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Contribute to manage the project to achieve the targets, Customer's satisfaction and Employer's satisfaction and profitability, ensuring the predefined results on time, within budget and with expected level of quality.
- Contribute to Ensure full compliance with safety requirements and full implementation of the Safety Plan throughout the project in close cooperation with the Safety Manager
- Give her/his contribution, following Project Manager guidelines, for the project profitability, sales and costs.
- Give her/his contribution, following Project Manager guidelines, for the direction and the overall coordination of project team.
- Give her/his contribution to Plan and coordinate, interfacing with the team members and the company functions, activities and resources of the project for the fulfillment of the project objectives (milestones contract)
- Gives her/his contribution, following Project Manager guidelines, to manage the contractual terms of the project.
- Give her/his contribution, following Project Manager guidelines, to supervise and control the production / product integration of project-related systems.
- Monitor the activities and the profit of the project, identify and implement the necessary action plans to maximize the profit.
- Give her/his contribution, following Project Manager guidelines, in order to supervise, coordinate and support the System Engineer and Customer Service during the commissioning maintenance and warranty phases.
- Support the project manager to establish the project structure including the project management organization and project team organization.
- Support the project manager to set-up the project team and assign project roles and responsibilities to individuals.
- Support the project manager to manage the project risks including contingency plans and risk mitigation.
- Support the project manager to manage, together with the Employer, all the activities related to Variation to Contractual Scope of Work.
- Support the project manager to ensure full adherence of assigned resources to corporate key-values, Code of Ethics, Chorus and regulations of Health, Security, Safety, Environment (HSE).
Work Experience Requirements
- At least 3-5 years' experience as PM out of 5-8 year of working experience.
Qualifications, Certification & Educational Requirements
- University Degree in Engineering (Electronic, Telecommunication or IT) or equivalent.
- Fluency in Arabic and English.
- Strong organization and leadership skills.
- High ability to manage resources within an international environment.
- Business oriented and able to work towards targets.
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 65,000 employees in 56 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!
About the Company
With operations in 50 countries and 68,000 employees, Thales is a world leader in mission-critical information systems for defence and security, aerospace and transportation.
Building on its expertise in the most sophisticated technologies and large-scale software systems, Thales is stepping up to the security challenges of its customers in an increasingly complex world. With its global network of 22,500 high-level researchers, Thales has earned particular recognition for its ability to develop and deploy dual civil and military technologies. Leveraging its international operations and spanning the entire value chain from equipment to systems and services, Thales is playing a pivotal role in making the world a safer place.