Job description / Role
ABOUT THE COMPANY:
RATP Dev, is a multinational French company, operating across the world, is committed to developing and optimizing public transportation systems. Everywhere, we operate to boost the local economy and quality of life of our passengers. Everywhere, we are driven by excellence, passion, and determination in welcoming challenge.
RATP Dev Middle East is the regional head office of RATP Dev which operates and maintains urban transportation systems in 13 countries, on four continents, carrying more than 1.5 billion annual passengers on its networks. Headquartered in Dubai for 10 years, RATP Dev Middle East has become a leading innovative and sustainable mobility players in the MENA region. Recognized as a worldwide expert in automated metro, RATP Dev has been awarded significant contracts in the Middle East and is now operating a total of 5 driverless metro lines in the region, including two of the Riyadh metro in Saudi Arabia.
In the larger MENA region, RATP Dev operates Algiers metro, Algeria's tramway networks, and Casablanca (Morocco) tramways. RATP Dev will soon be in charge of the operations and maintenance of Cairo Line 3 and its future extension therefore we are actively sourcing quality talent for this new and exciting venture in Egypt.
ABOUT THE JOB:
- To manage System maintenance Department
- To ensure System (AFC device, Communication and Electronics Equipment) availability and condition to a standard that will ensure maximum operational efficiency and maintain standards of product quality and service.
- To achieve the quality and performance targets set for the assets Comply with company policies and promote team spirit Fulfil all duties as specified in legal appointment
- Follow up on technical objectives related to the quality and efficiency of the maintenance activities
- To achieve the quality and performance targets set for the NAT assets.
- To manage make or buy studies.
- To conduct investigations into failures and ensure implementation of recommendations.
- To undertake any other duties as assigned.
- To manage maintenance of System with respect to safety, quality and technical issues.
- To manage maintenance staff of System with respect to safety, quality and technical issues.
- To review annual budget, maintenance expenses and explain monthly budget variances.
- To ensure all environmental and safety rules are respected and alert Executive Maintenance of any environmental or safety issue.
- To ensure maintenance plan is executed effectively and equipment is running as required.
- Adhere to continuous improvement principles
- To ensure minimum levels of equipment downtime including timely and effective response to breakdowns
- To abide to general housekeeping rules
- To ensure that all agreed routine plant checks and testing are carried out to the specified frequencies and in accordance with maintenance plan.
- To analyse and rectify equipment defects in a timely manner to avoid downtimes.
- To conduct analysis on obsolescence treatment and propose renewal.
- Degree in electronics engineering
- Electronics expert
- Management Lean manufacturing
- Change Management
- Safety management (OHS acts).
- Advance technical knowledge
- EAM such Maximo
- At least, 15 years' relevant experience in Railway System management.
- Spent at minimum 10 years in the railway System maintenance environment.
- Have an experience in the change management culture
DESIRED BEHAVIORS & EXPERIENCES:
- Electronics expert
- Management skills
- Possess analytical and critical ability
- Ability to communicate with staff of all levels
- Ability to supervise and control
- Problem solving ability
- Negotiation and decision-making ability
- Possess self-drive and enthusiasm
- Excellent report writing skills
- English - fluent in speaking, reading and Arabic will be nice
About the Company
We operate and maintain urban and intercity transportation systems in 12 countries, on four continents, carrying more than 1.5 billion annual passengers on our networks.
Our parent company, RATP, is the transportation operator for Paris and the surrounding region. It ensures 12 million trips a day on one of the world's densest and most multi-modal transportation network.
As the world's fifth-largest transportation company, RATP Group runs and maintains tens of thousands of kilometers of subway, bus, tram, and urban or intercity rail lines around the globe.
Every day we innovate for smarter, more sustainable cities by designing, operating and maintaining networks for the well-being of our passengers. Our key words: passion and determination.