Job description / Role
- Collect internally available data to support project execution
- Participate in discussions with clients to determine criteria guiding design, including budgets, preferences, etc.
- Support the development of concept designs for, including all required drawings and reports, for non-complex projects, for discussion with clients
- Refine selected design options into schematic and draft final designs, including all required drawings and reports for non-complex projects, as instructed
- Coordinate with other design specializations (e.g. Architecture, Structural, Mechanical, Transportation) to coordinate design requirements across disciplines for non-complex design projects across all design stages (conceptual, schematic, detailed), as needed
- Review prepared design deliverables with senior project teams and implement design revisions based on reviews and checking reports, as needed
- Support Senior Engineers with design value engineering activities, as needed
- Support the senior project team with the review and validation of design deliverables with clients and authorities, capturing feedback and obtaining approvals, as needed
- Closely work with the Quantity Surveying Department for the development of tender documents, including specifications, and Bills of Quantities ,as needed
- Provide support to Project Managers in developing periodic progress reports, as needed
- Assist Project Managers with implementing quality control policies and procedures on design deliverables and conduct peer review on team members’ deliverables
- Implement corporate policies and procedures
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, preferably in Civil or Structural Engineering - Chartered Professional Engineering certification or equivalent is preferred
- 5+ years of experience in engineering design in a top tier regional / multinational engineering consultancy firm
- Exposure to global best practices and trends in the roads &highways design field
- Proficiency in written & spoken English & Arabic
About the Company
Khatib & Alami, a multidisciplinary urban regional planning, architectural and engineering consulting company, offers clients an integrated approach toward the ever-increasing need for reliable project delivery systems. In-house expertise and the continuous recruitment of bright and innovative professionals enable us to meet the challenges of development with due consideration to environmental protection, social and economic characteristics of society. In close concert with clients, we have been able to consolidate factors that make the resultant project coincide with the client's vision within the time frame and budget set out for implementation.
K&A started its consulting services in Lebanon and extended the areas of its professional activities in accordance with the growth of its experience, and its human and financial resources. The company operates in various countries including Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Sultanate of Oman, State of Qatar, State of Kuwait, Kingdom of Bahrain, Yemen, Jordan, Palestine, Syria, Iraq, Algeria, Egypt, Morocco, Libya, Sudan, Kazakhstan, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Belgium, Gabon and USA. K&A employs around 4,000 professionals and technicians. Since 1984, K&A has continuously ranked among the top 100 International Design firms as published by Engineering News Record (ENR). K&A has also obtained the ISO 9001:2000 certification for its Quality Management System (QMS).