Job description / Role
Design Review, Testing & Commissioning Projects Engineer M/F
About the company
RATP Dev, in the Middle East and across the world, is committed to developing and optimizing public transportation systems. Everywhere, we operate to boost the local economy and quality of life of our passengers. Everywhere, we are driven by excellence, passion and determination in welcoming challenge.
RATP Dev Middle East is the regional head office of RATP Dev which operates and maintains urban transportation systems in 12 countries, on four continents, carrying more than 1.5 billion annual passengers on its networks. Headquartered in Dubai for 10 years, RATP Dev Middle East has become a leading innovative and sustainable mobility players in the MENA region. Recognized as a worldwide expert in automated metro, RATP Dev has been awarded significant contracts in the Middle East and is now operating a total of 5 driverless metro lines in the region, including two of the Riyadh metro in Saudi Arabia.
In the larger MENA region, RATP Dev operates Algiers metro, Algeria's tramway networks, and Casablanca (Morocco) tramways. RATP Dev will soon be in charge of the operations and maintenance of Cairo Line 3 and its future extension therefore we are actively sourcing quality talent for this new and exciting venture in Egypt.
About the job
The Project Engineer assists the Design Review, T&C Manager in the monitoring of extensions projects. He/she is in charge of several sub-systems, depending on the need and his/her technical qualifications.
- Writing technical documents and reports (such as specifications, procedures.)
- Assisting the operational departments in their involvement in the projects
- Assisting the Experts from RATP Dev in their missions of Technical Assistance (preparing work permits, on field coordinating with external and internal stakeholders)
- Monitoring entirely several sub-systems (such as tracks, stations, signalling)
- Monitoring the closure of the action log of the sub-systems he/she is in charge of
- Reviewing technical documentation and spotting any consequences on Operation and Maintenance
- Engineering degree or Master's degree in a scientific field, or a significant experience in project management
- Fluent in English and Arabic
- Project communication management
- Use of project management tools
- Knowledge of the local environment
- Knowledge of technical aspects of Public Transportation
- Experience in Project Management
DESIRED BEHAVIORS & EXPERIENCES
- Experience in operations and maintenance in Public Transportation (ECM, ENR)
- Experience in Public Transportation construction
About the Company
We operate and maintain urban and intercity transportation systems in 12 countries, on four continents, carrying more than 1.5 billion annual passengers on our networks.
Our parent company, RATP, is the transportation operator for Paris and the surrounding region. It ensures 12 million trips a day on one of the world's densest and most multi-modal transportation network.
As the world's fifth-largest transportation company, RATP Group runs and maintains tens of thousands of kilometers of subway, bus, tram, and urban or intercity rail lines around the globe.
Every day we innovate for smarter, more sustainable cities by designing, operating and maintaining networks for the well-being of our passengers. Our key words: passion and determination.