Job description / Role
IBM Technical Support Services' (TSS) mission is to become the largest and most successful provider of technical support services in the world. IBM is looking for a Digital Sales Representative for multi-vendor support services with experience in selling software technology support services and offerings. In this position you will be part of the global TSS sales organization and collaborates closely with the rest of TSS and GTS.
The role works consistently with the global business line executive and the local business development, technical solution management and sales leader to identify, progress, solution and close transactions. Your primary function is to identify, validate, qualify and close opportunities, it is also significant that the role remains engaged with the local to team. The candidate will be assigned to specific territory-based opportunities where they must possess the sales expertise required to conduct all phases of the sales cycle which includes ownership of working within the accounts to meet MVS Software signing targets.
You will be responsible for building new relationships and expanding business with existing customers, as well as all aspects of the sales. This includes but is not limited to demand generation, pipeline build, pricing negotiations, proposal development, and order fulfillment. As an IBM Sales Representative, you will be responsible for managing your opportunities via IBM's preferred opportunity management system, becoming a Technology Support Services subject matter expert, and driving business utilizing a structured sales methodology. For assigned opportunities, you will be responsible for closing the sale and positively influencing customer satisfaction with respect to the engagement and IBM offerings.
Primary Job Responsibilities
- Sell IBM supported Multi-Vendor Software & Open Source (i.e. Red Hat) services for Egypt & Saudi.
- Meet quantitative and qualitative performance goals and set high standards for articulation and presentation of key messages and the IBM's Open Source value proposition
- Meet assigned sales quotas by acquiring new customer accounts and renewing and growing existing relationships
- Manage a pipeline of sales opportunities independently and provide accurate forecasts
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- 7+ years of sales experience with a demonstrated record of success, preferably in the software or IT industry
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in business, marketing, computer science, or other technical discipline
- Intimate knowledge of the Red Hat portfolio, with particular focus on emerging technology solutions
- Solutions sales experience in an environment with multiple software offerings and services;
- Solid understanding of the complete sales cycle management from prospecting to closing
- Ability to work with the complexities of partner organizational structures and be able to develop strategic relationships with alliance partners
- Excellent communication skills
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- Working knowledge of the Red Hat portfolio, with particular focus on emerging technology products such as JBoss, Ceph Storage, Gluster Storage, Ansible, OpenShift and OpenStack
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Preferred Education: None Commissionable: Yes
Key Job Details
- Country: EG
- State: AL QAHIRAH
- City: CAIRO
- Category: Sales
- Required Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Position Type: Professional
- Employment Type: Full-Time
- Contract Type: Regular
- Location: CAIRO, AL QAHIRAH EG
About the Company
For more than six decades, IBM Middle East & Pakistan has played a vital role in shaping the information technology landscape of the region. Today, IBM is part of the region's technological fabric, solving real-world business and societal challenges, through its offices in UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait and Pakistan, and also a diversity of centers across the region.
Within the region, IBM currently has groundbreaking initiatives in cloud computing, analytics, mobile, security, as well as nanotechnology, eGovernment, healthcare and many more, collaborating with leading educational institutes and governments. IBM supports hundreds of clients to drive transformation through technology, contributes to regional research & development programs and has an active Corporate Service Corps (CSC) program.
Reinvention is a keyword in the company's history and, today, IBM is much more than a "hardware, software, services" company. IBM is now emerging as a cognitive solutions and cloud platform company.