Job description / Role
Digital Transformation Assistant Manager - North Africa and Middle East
MAIN JOB PURPOSE:
- Support the rollout of Unilever digital transformation program across Unilever NAME. This program is a combination of our frameworks as well as technology enablers and platforms.
- Help provide industry thought leadership, solution advisory and expert consultation to cross functional teams at Unilever in various markets
- Help embrace the culture, capabilities, and mindset to enable the Digital transformation.
- Provide guidance to the local teams on how best to leverage opportunities in the digital space
- Help local teams to focus and prioritise their jobs to be done (JTBD) in digital
- Brief and manage global agencies and partners as required
- Project and network management as required
- Ensure Digital frameworks principles are followed and execution is optimised for all key channels.
- Work with Consumer Marketing Insights (CMI) team for comms for all data related work including pre and post testing of digital communications
- Budget counsel and management, as and when required.
- Track progress of project deployment (investment, platforms, channels etc) and provide ongoing tactical feedback and advice to the opco teams as required.
- Minimum 3 years' working experience in Digital Marketing.
- Experience with basic project management
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, and the ability to manage multiple stakeholders
- Good understanding of advertising and marketing tech stacks
- Worked in consumer and customer centric digital work- including understanding of concepts such as consumer journey and experience design.
- Worked in large matrixed organization - though this is not a must have.
To tackle this role, you should have an understanding of marketing and ad technologies with clear understanding of their role within communication frameworks. You should have had some exposure to "performance advertising" and ecommerce media. Practical experience in social media, mobile marketing and ecommerce is crucial to this role. You should also have sound knowledge of current digital trends and campaigns, and best practice. Experience in website development, SEO, media planning, channel management and deployment would be an advantage.
We are looking for someone with a vibrant can-do attitude, someone who will take initiative, can manage multiple projects with attention to detail and above all, provide value and enthusiasm to our team.
- Business units marketing teams (including CMI and media)
- Cross functional department teams
- Business Partners including agencies
The role reports into Digital Transformation Manager and ultimately into Director Media & Digital Transformation.
About the Company
Unilever is one of the leading FMCG company with 400 brands spanning 14 categories of home, personal care and foods products, no other company touches so many people's lives in so many different ways.
Our brand portfolio has made us leaders in every field in which we work. It ranges from much-loved world favourites including Lipton, Knorr, Dove and Omo, to trusted local brands such as Blue Band and Suave.
From comforting soups to warm a winter's day, to sensuous soaps that make you feel fabulous, our products help people get more out of life.
We're constantly enhancing our brands to deliver more intense, rewarding product experiences. We invest €1 billion every year in cutting edge research and development, and have five laboratories around the world that explore new thinking and techniques to help develop our products.