Job description / Role
Direct Custody & Clearing Operations Analyst is an entry level position responsible for processing orders and transactions originating from trading desks and branch offices in coordination with the Operations - Transaction Services team. The overall objective of this role is to assist in the clearance, settlement and investigation of client securities and derivatives transactions.
• Monitor errors and ensure transactions adhere to audit and control policies
• Perform moderately complex transactions efficiently, escalate or perform complex transactions as required
• Participate in User Acceptance Testing (UAT) implementation and training activities
• Provide feedback on project related activities to help improve processes
• Develop and utilize knowledge of required controls and procedures for custody accounts
• Provide assistance to operational processes as needed
• Assist with training team members
• Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
• 1-3 years of relevant experience
• Consistently demonstrates clear and concise written and verbal communication skills
• Bank Operations Experience
• Custody Experience an added advantage
• High School diploma or equivalent
• American University Graduates an advantage
About the Company
Citi works tirelessly to provide consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial services and products. We strive to create the best outcomes for our clients and customers with financial ingenuity that leads to solutions that are simple, creative and responsible. Citi has been present in the Middle East and North Africa since 1955 and conducts business in 16 countries in MENA of which 12 have in-country presence. It offers full scale corporate and investment banking services in Egypt, UAE, Bahrain, Qatar, Kuwait, Lebanon, Jordan, Tunisia, Morocco, Algeria and Pakistan and maintains a representative office in Iraq. Citi's institutional capabilities in the region include Treasury & Trade Solutions, Corporate & Investment Banking, Capital Markets Origination, Global Markets and Islamic Banking.
Present in the United Arab Emirates since 1964, when the bank opened its first branch in Dubai, Citi has been known ever since for delivering excellence while consistently bringing world-class banking products and services to the local market. Citibank, the consumer banking arm of Citi, is currently a major player in the UAE's credit card market and a leading provider of Wealth Management and Consumer Credit services. Citibank's branch network in the UAE includes and a network of 60 ATMS located at various commercial centers across the UAE.