Director - Financial Institutions
Standard Chartered Bank - UAE
Job description / Role
The Banker is the strategic advisor/value add partner to the Client, accountable for the overall client group revenues, profitability, and risk acceptance (AML, CDD and Credit). The Banker is responsible for establishing and maintaining an end to end understanding of the client group structure and client needs and steering the client relationship through Account Planning.
* Lead the origination and client relationship management for a portfolio of Financial Institutions, Public Sector & Development Organisations (PSDO) Clients.
* Focus on a range of CCIB banking products and services, with emphasis on those delivering NFR.
* Active engagement and high level ('C' suite) contacts with senior executives within clients.
* Maintain a strong working relationship with Credit, Legal and Compliance and other key stakeholders.
Lead the development and implementation of the client strategy for their designated FI & PSDO portfolio as identified through the Account Planning process.
* Accountability for delivering financial performance objectives (revenues, costs, RoRWA, etc)
* Accountability for all other objectives for the management and development of client relationships, specifically compliance (AML, CDD) and credit risk
* Actively originate new business and grow the franchise by capitalising on bank competitive attributes (e.g. Network, Transaction Banking etc), whilst selectively developing new relationships where required.
* Engage senior management and decision makers of key clients to improve the quality of dialogue with clients, promoting a move away from 'transactional' reactive client coverage to consistent value-added partner/trusted advisor status. Anticipate clients' needs and provide strategic advice, bringing in the relevant product and industry partners as appropriate.
* Maximise the profitable revenue to the Bank whilst maintaining focus on client outcomes, strengthening and deepening existing relationships both at the most senior level as well as at the operating level in the clients in the designated portfolio
* Professionally represent Standard Chartered at the highest levels within region and internationally.
* Bring strategic thought and vision as to how the corporate landscape regionally/globally is changing and where areas of international growth lie
* Ensure that industry and product knowledge is continually developed personally and within the team
* Stay abreast and anticipate the developments of the industries in which our clients operate.
Proactively manage the FI & PSDO client portfolio to ensure:
* Close ties exist with key stakeholders e.g. Financial Markets, Transaction Banking, Risk, Country CEOs, Service Delivery, etc
* Risks are appropriately identified and managed.
* The team is suitably trained with respect to an understanding of the regulatory environment, keeping up to date with applicable changes and Group policies with ability to contribute and, where possible, influencing policy formulation.
* Key regulatory risks and concerns are raised into the governance framework throughout the PSDO team
* All sales disciplines are adhered in accordance with CCIB standards i.e. Account Planning, Call Reports, Deal Pipeline Management.
* Develop opportunities through attendance at key Industry events as necessary.
* Take the initiative regarding regulatory, reputational, and ethical matters, taking the initiative for providing proactive advice to clients as identified.
* Ensure that key regulatory risks and concerns are raised into the governance framework regionally and centrally through the PSDO matrix.
* Responsible for assessing the effectiveness of the Group's arrangements to deliver effective governance, oversight, and controls in the business and, if necessary, oversee changes in these areas.
* Awareness and understanding of the regulatory framework, in which the Group operates, and the regulatory requirements and expectations relevant to the role
* Responsible for delivering 'effective governance'; capability to challenge fellow executives effectively; and willingness to work with any local regulators in an open and cooperative manner.
Regulatory & Business Conduct
* Display exemplary conduct and live by the .
* Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
* Lead the Financial Institutions & PSDO, CCIB Client Coverage, Egypt to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank's Conduct Principles
* Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate, and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
* Engage with peers and product partners within the region and globally to ensure breadth and depth of client coverage and deepening the client relationship.
* Consult with senior stakeholders in Risk and Legal & Compliance to ensure that the portfolio remains credit worthy and within the policies of the Bank.
* Senior point of contact with clients, acting as a trusted /value added partner to C-level stakeholders.
Embed Here for good and Group's brand and values in Financial Institutions & PSDO, CCIB Client Coverage, Egypt; Perform other responsibilities assigned under Group, Country, Business or Functional policies and procedures.
* Bachelor's degree in Banking or Finance preferred
* Experience in banking or another relevant environment
* Risk & AML certified as stipulated by the Bank's policies
* Languages: English and/or local language skills as relevant to country requirements
About the Company
Standard Chartered Bank started in 1958 in UAE with its first branch in Sharjah. The Group’s business gradually increased in Dubai with the opening of several branches and today, Dubai is the administrative hub of the Middle East and South Asia Region. In its 43rd year, the Bank enjoys the position of having the most extensive branch network among foreign international banks in UAE with 10 branches emirate-wide.
Standard Chartered is an international bank, focused on the established and emerging markets of Asia, Africa, the Middle East and Latin America with an extensive global network of more than 600 offices in over 50 countries. The three principal business groups are Global Markets, Personal Banking and Corporate and Institutional Banking.
In UAE, we are one of the leading banks, offering an extensive range of products and services for personal customers, local companies, multinational corporate and financial institutions.