Job description / Role
Strategy & Transactions - Economic Advisory Executive
Are you building your tomorrow, today? If that sounds like you, we invite you to pursue a career with our industry leading Valuation and Modeling and Economics practice. ( Learn more about our VME Services )
Businesses and governments operate in an increasingly uncertain and rapidly changing environment:
- Technological disruption and innovation are transforming supply chains and driving productivity changes
- Trade relationships between nations are being reconsidered
- Increasing fiscal pressures leading to additional scrutiny around the way that Government's raise and spend public money
- Changing economic policies and regulation are reshaping the business landscape.
- As such, businesses and governments find themselves under growing pressure to make decisions based on robust evidence and credible economic approaches.
- Relying on the fundamental principles of economics, EY's Economic Advisory team uses economic analysis to help guide decision making of public and private sector entities.
Your key responsibilities
- You will be responsible for analyzing economic and financial data, market trends, and industry reports to help design, develop, and construct economic models and tools to assist government agencies, non-profits, and corporations across industries and global markets.
- You will also be involved in assignments where economic modelling, econometric and statistical analysis are used to support our clients in making better informed decisions.
As an economic advisor, you are expected to
- Serve as a member of multiple client engagement teams
- Actively contribute to report writing and the development of economic models
- Use current technology and tools to enhance the effectiveness of services provided
- Identify issues and propose solutions
- Participate in commercial research and marketing efforts
- Demonstrate ability to listen to clients and address their needs
- Demonstrate teamwork and responsibility towards engagement team members
- Develop positive, productive and professional relationships with colleagues and clients
- Demonstrate willingness to learn
- Stay up to date on business and economic developments relevant to our clients' businesses
Skills and attributes for success
The Economic Advisory team is looking for motivated candidates who have:
- University degree in economics or in a related field with a deep fundamental understanding in micro and macroeconomics
- Prior experience of performing economic analysis to guide public or private sector policy decisions. This might include some or all of:
- Economic impact assessments using input-output model,
- Cost-benefit analysis
- Economic benchmarking
- Econometric and statistical modelling
- Computable general equilibrium modelling
- Ability and flexibility to work alongside team members to ensure the timely completion of work deliverables
- Excellent analytical, project management, multi-tasking, communication, teamwork and interpersonal skills
- Competency in communicating the results of analysis to an audience of varied stakeholders
- Proficiency with MS Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- Experience with statistical tools such as STATA, R, and PowerBI
To qualify for the role, you must have
- At least bachelors or masters with a major in Econometrics and/or Economics.
- At least 2 years of professional experience in any field.
- Demonstrated competency in economic and/or econometric modelling/analysis.
- Strong written and verbal communication, presentation and report writing skills in English.
- An aptitude for computer coding .
Ideally, you'll also have
- Previous economic and/or econometric studies experience in the Power and Utilities sector, in areas such as policy and regulatory reform, investment evaluation, pricing and tariffs, competitive spot market analysis, sector related forecasting.
- R-coding or similar coding language competency in the application of data analysis and economic/econometric modelling
- Understanding of the broader GCC/MENA market
- Arabic language skills (preferred although not mandatory)
What we offer
We offer a competitive compensation package where you'll be rewarded based on performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. Plus, we offer:
- Continuous learning: You'll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We'll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We'll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You'll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It's yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
About the Company
EY is a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services. The insights and quality services we deliver help build trust and confidence in the capital markets and in economies the world over. We develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders. In so doing, we play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities.
EY refers to the global organization, and may refer to one or more, of the member firms of Ernst & Young Global Limited, each of which is a separate legal entity. Ernst & Young Global Limited, a UK company limited by guarantee, does not provide services to clients. Information about how EY collects and uses personal data and a description of the rights individuals have under data protection legislation are available on our site.
The MENA practice of EY has been operating in the region since 1923. For over 95 years, we have grown to over 7,500 people united across 21 offices and 16 countries, sharing the same values and an unwavering commitment to quality. As an organization, we continue to develop outstanding leaders who deliver exceptional services to our clients and who contribute to our communities. We are proud of our accomplishments over the years, reaffirming our position as the largest and most established professional services organization in the region