ETIC, Business Intelligence Engineer - Manager
Job description / Role
Line of Service
Advisory - Other
Job Description & Summary
A career within Data and Analytics services will provide you with the opportunity to help organisations uncover enterprise insights and drive business results using smarter data analytics. We focus on a collection of organisational technology capabilities, including business intelligence, data management, and data assurance that help our clients drive innovation, growth, and change within their organisations in order to keep up with the changing nature of customers and technology. We make impactful decisions by mixing mind and machine to leverage data, understand and navigate risk, and help our clients gain a competitive edge.
You'll be joining our Data engineering, Reporting and Analytics practice, a core part of our Technology, Data & Analytics business unit. We support our clients in delivering a variety of transformation projects across the commercial sector from defining data strategies to helping architect, design and implement modern data and analytics solutions using the latest cloud technologies.
The role will provide you with an opportunity to work across a portfolio of clients, with a focus on large and complex organisations.
You will work in the team that reports to the Data Analytics delivery service leadership team and will be an integral part of the team based in Cairo, as well as those delivering client transformation programmes across the PwC Global Network, including the UK, Germany and Middle East.
As a Data Analytics & Reporting Manager, your responsibilities will include:
- Overseeing the design and delivery of data transformation projects with clients. This will include:
- Translating business requirements into technical specifications, helping to understand and create solutions to our clients key challenges.
- Supporting in end-to-end planning, coordination and oversight of the project lifecycle including resourcing, scoping, architecting and delivery.
- Participate in client relationships including with C-level staff, Heads of Data and Analytics, IT and Data Architects and other business stakeholders during the lifecycle of a project.
- Participate in supporting clients in developing their future plans and strategies for data.
- Engage in collaborating with our wider Technology, Data and Analytics teams across the firm, whether that be locally or working with our alternative delivery teams (onshore and offshore).
- Taking an active role in coaching and developing skills in the team.
- Participate in leading initiatives to grow our business through the creation of new innovative solutions and propositions as well as relevant thought leadership.
- Promoting opportunities to enhance, disrupt and improve the way we work through the use of technology.
- Working to increase awareness of our Technology, Data & Analytics capabilities across our business and collaborating with a varied set of teams within the firm.
Data processing, reporting and visualisation:
- Analysis of business functionality and needs, translating them into technical requirements and solution designs
- Ability to design and implement data models from concept through to reality, which could include slowly changing dimensions or single customer views
- Creation of relational data models based on reporting requirements and raw base data
- Designing optimised and well functioning business intelligence solutions for different business purposes (preferably Power BI but will consider other visualisation tools)
- Standard approaches for data cleansing and ensuring data quality
- Identification and definition of rules within an ETL process to harmonise, aggregate, filter and transform data so that it can be used for defined reporting goals
- Principles of information design to optimise information processing by readers/viewers
- Strong business acumen in relation to analytics, having had experience within at least one business area function (e.g marketing, sales, finance, workforce, procurement etc.)
- Extensive experience in handling large, complex datasets
- Passionate about analytics and insight, including staying up-to-date with the latest trends and technologies
- Strong understanding of machine learning techniques and algorithms or decision science domains (eg. clustering, decision trees, logistic regression, basket analysis, optimisation, simulation) to deliver rapid business insight
- Proven programming experience in one of Python, R, Go, SQL or similar
- Proven experience using Excel
- Exceptional analytical ability and are able to solve unstructured problems involving large amounts of quantitative data with a structured and hypothesis driven approach
- Experience in adapting your communication style to help translate complex technical information to audiences unfamiliar with the technologies
- Ability to tell a compelling story with data in written reports and deliverables for our clients
- Ability to learn and understand new technologies, techniques and tools
- Delivery of proof of concept or operational solutions through the entire lifecycle from data sourcing to results. This includes assessing modelling needs based on client's situation and recommend the best advanced analytics tools and methods to support them
- Ability to deliver solutions under tight timeframes, while proactively addressing and managing issues
- Experience in shaping and planning projects through either Waterfall or Agile methodologies
- Experience using Agile project management tools (DevOps, Trello, JIRA, Kanbanchi etc.)
- Experienced in managing multiple analytics projects from ideation through to benefits realisation from a technical perspective.
- Ability to manage projects to budget, deal with change requests and have commercial discussions with clients, inspiring others to solve problems, under pressure, end-to-end with data
- Ability to align pragmatic analytical solutions to complex business problems. ? Experience in defining and managing benefits cases for analytics solutions. ? Demonstrating commercial curiosity - understand a business area and its strategic outcomes, the business processes and metrics that drive performance
- Experience in owning client relationships and managing them throughout the engagement lifecycle
- Supporting senior management to identify opportunities to embed advanced data and analytics use cases in wider business transformation proposition
- 7+ years of hands on experience of data analytics, visualisation and BI solutions
- Professional experience of data analytics project life cycles with proven experience in managing and delivering end to end projects
- Ability to manage team members on technical programmes and coach 'best practice' use of relevant D&A tools
About the Company
At PwC Middle East, we've set out an ambitious purpose and strive to live it everyday: to solve important problems and build trust in society.
We're a community of solvers that come together in unexpected ways to build trust and create sustained outcomes. We solve important problems, support one another as we grow, develop and build fulfilling careers.
PwC provides industry-focused services for public and private clients across Assurance and Audit, Deals, Consulting, Tax and Legal. We draw on our development legacy that brings together the collective experience of over 7,000 people in our region with offices across 12 countries to solve for tomorrow.
We're striving to consistently deliver innovative work that builds trust and delivers sustained outcomes. And we're proud of the strength that comes from all our diﬀerent backgrounds and experiences and we value everyone's uniqueness. We thrive in uncertainty, operate with integrity and leverage the diverse perspectives of our teams.
If you're looking for a place that fuels your ambition to make a difference, that matches your curiosity with continuous learning opportunities and reimagines ways of working to enable you to lead a more balanced life, then you're a future PwCer.