ETIC, Business Intelligence Function - Senior Data Analyst - Manager
Job description / Role
ETIC, Business Intelligence Function - Senior Data Analyst - Manager (Egypt)
Line of Service
Advisory - Other
Job Description & Summary
About the role
The role of Senior Data Analyst is focused on the process of inspecting, cleansing, modelling and visualising data with the objective of discovering and leveraging useful information that can be used to support evidence-based decision making. Our Senior Data Analyst is expected to make recommendations about the methods and ways in which our ETIC leadership teams & stakeholders use and analyse data to improve quality and the usefulness of available data systems.
You will be able to resolve standard problems and common situations, be competent at day-to-day application of your data skills, and be able to present concepts, information and solutions. Thanks to your experience you will only need to refer to a wider PwC network expert for non-standard issues and problems.
As a manager you should have strong data analytical, technical and business skills and be able to apply your knowledge to provide advice to ETIC senior stakeholders in line with PwC policies and reporting standards. You should be forward thinking and be able to develop innovative solutions to support the business understand ETIC operational performance.
You will report to the CTO. You will liaise with and work alongside other ETIC operations functions, you will develop a network of key contacts, build strong relationships and develop new skills.
As a Senior Data Analyst, you will play a key role in the following areas:
- Defining data requirements to support business issues / queries
- Defining the process for how data will be captured and managed
- Collecting and interpreting data
- Analysing results
- Identifying patterns and trends in datasets
- Visualising the data to convey complex data sets into meaningful management information
- Defining new data collection and analysis processes
- Establishing and implementing best in class process and policy over the BI function
- Preparation, review and reporting of the monthly operational KPIs to management, including identifying areas requiring action and executing/reporting back on these areas
- Business partner representing business intelligence within ETIC - to senior leadership, key operational management and delivery teams, along with being the key BI contact for the investors, PwC Global and PwC Middle East corporate services teams
- People management and development of others (as team grows)
- Ideally 5+ years previous experience working as a data analyst in a corporate function
- Knowledge and/or certifications demonstrating capability working with data models and reporting packages (e.g. Google Big Query, Google Data Studio, Tableau/Power BI, SQL)
- Ability to analyse large datasets
- Ability to design and develop comprehensive reports
- Tech enabled with experience of using new data reporting technology
- An analytical mind and inclination for problem-solving with an ability to develop solutions to technical problems
- Focused on continuous improvement in all areas of their work
- Agile, embraces innovation and change
- Creative, with experience of putting together presentations using PowerPoint / Google Slides for leadership and stakeholder meetings
- Commercially minded with a deep business understanding
- Strong analytical skills
- Action orientated and a self-starter
- Experience of forming strong relationships in a Business Partnering role
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to prioritise and delegate were appropriate
- Takes responsibility for own personal development
- Proven ability to integrate well into a team and build relationships with senior stakeholders
- Advanced Excel / Google Sheets
The skills we look for in future employees
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business, and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework, 'The PwC Professional'.
The PwC Professional focuses on five core attributes; whole leadership, business acumen, technical and digital, global and inclusive, and relationships. We use this
Essential skills & attributes:
- Has the competence to perform the role effectively
- Excellent oral and written communication skills as well as basic presentation skills
- Affinity to work with data and analytics
- Ability to work within a fast-paced & unstructured environment. Must be able to multi-task and effectively and continually prioritise
- Excellent time management, communication and organisational skills
- Ability to interact efficiently with senior members of the firm across multiple time zones
- University Degree
Available for Work Visa Sponsorship?
Government Clearance Required?
About the Company
At PwC Middle East, we’ve set out an ambitious purpose and strive to live it everyday: to solve important problems and build trust in society.
We’re a community of solvers that come together in unexpected ways to build trust and create sustained outcomes. We solve important problems, support one another as we grow, develop and build fulfilling careers.
PwC provides industry-focused services for public and private clients across Assurance and Audit, Deals, Consulting, Tax and Legal. We draw on our development legacy that brings together the collective experience of over 7,000 people in our region with offices across 12 countries to solve for tomorrow.
We’re striving to consistently deliver innovative work that builds trust and delivers sustained outcomes. And we’re proud of the strength that comes from all our diﬀerent backgrounds and experiences and we value everyone’s uniqueness. We thrive in uncertainty, operate with integrity and leverage the diverse perspectives of our teams.
If you’re looking for a place that fuels your ambition to make a difference, that matches your curiosity with continuous learning opportunities and reimagines ways of working to enable you to lead a more balanced life, then you’re a future PwCer.