Job description / Role
Line of Service
Internal Firm Services
IFS - Finance
Job Description & Summary
A career within General Consulting services, will provide you with the opportunity to help clients seize essential advantages by working alongside business leaders to solve their toughest problems and capture their greatest opportunities. We work with some of the world's largest and most complex companies to understand their unique business issues and opportunities in an ever changing environment. We help create sustainable change by stimulating innovation, unlocking data possibilities, navigating risk and regulatory complexity, optimising deals, and aligning costs with business strategy to create a competitive advantage.
- Manage the activities of a team of Accountants and Analysts across an allocated portfolio of clients, including technical review of the work performed by that team.
- Develop individual team members using on-going coaching, personal development and performance frameworks.
- Manage short and long term operational goals and tactical objectives.
- Ensure SLAs are met and service is delivered to clients as expected.
- Develop, build and maintain relationships with clients.
- Develop, maintain, and update personal knowledge and expertise through appropriate means to ensure understanding of relevant knowledge areas and to identify possible future developments.
- Act as a point of escalation for clients and staff related issues within the team.
- Act as an expert in the area of Financial Accounting & Closing, assuming full responsibility for complex processes, entities or assigned field of expertise including financial impact assessment and monitoring, provides advice and managing senior stakeholders across different departments
- Monitor external and internal developments, assess the implementation and liaises / lobbies with internal and external stakeholders.
- Responsible for a subset of P&L and Balance Sheet accounts including the full ownership of assigned accounts, deals or processes incl. ledger entries, reconciliation and substantiation.
- Ensuring closing timelines are met, accounting policies and controls are adhered to. Ensuring the effectiveness of Financial Accounting & Closing processes by proposing and implementing improvements to tasks and processes in own team or across teams and challenging non-standard processes. Drives the interactions with related roles such as Financial Reporting and internal and external auditors.
- Demonstrate an expert knowledge of the correct accounting treatment of external and internal transactions in a multi currency environment combining methodology with business knowledge.
- Experience of a shared service/finance managed service environment.
- Chartered Accountancy or equivalent Degree and 9+ years PQE.
- Detailed knowledge around finance function processes (RTR, PTP, OTC).
- Understanding of continuous improvement and / or cost saving initiatives.
- Track-record of establishing and maintaining strong client relationships.
- Proactive approach to problem-solving and delivering client solutions.
- Strong communication skills (English) written and spoken.
- Good knowledge of the MS Office Suite.
- Able to handle complex and confidential information appropriately; Self motivated and independent; able to work under pressure and meet deadlines; demonstrates basic analytical skills; Demonstrates commercial awareness in daily service provision within own area of responsibility.
- Ability to explain transactional information clearly to non-finance colleagues.
- Experience in Insurance /Reinsurance industry
- Knowledge of US GAAP
About the Company
At PwC Middle East, we've set out an ambitious purpose and strive to live it everyday: to solve important problems and build trust in society.
We're a community of solvers that come together in unexpected ways to build trust and create sustained outcomes. We solve important problems, support one another as we grow, develop and build fulfilling careers.
PwC provides industry-focused services for public and private clients across Assurance and Audit, Deals, Consulting, Tax and Legal. We draw on our development legacy that brings together the collective experience of over 7,000 people in our region with offices across 12 countries to solve for tomorrow.
We're striving to consistently deliver innovative work that builds trust and delivers sustained outcomes. And we're proud of the strength that comes from all our diﬀerent backgrounds and experiences and we value everyone's uniqueness. We thrive in uncertainty, operate with integrity and leverage the diverse perspectives of our teams.
If you're looking for a place that fuels your ambition to make a difference, that matches your curiosity with continuous learning opportunities and reimagines ways of working to enable you to lead a more balanced life, then you're a future PwCer.