Job description / Role
Line of Service
Advisory - Other
Job Description & Summary
About the role
PwC is opening a new Technology & Innovation Center in Cairo that will deliver high quality technology solutions to consulting Clients across the globe. The Centre will provide a broad suite of skills and services to our clients, ranging from Packaged Applications such as SAP & Oracle, to Cloud services utilising AWS, Azure and Google, as well as expanding our existing Managed Services capabilities.
The center is looking to expand rapidly and we are looking for enthusiastic self-starters with a passion for technology and client delivery to help shape and form this new venture.
A career in Human Resources, within Internal Firm Services, will provide you with the opportunity to make a difference at PwC by helping to fully leverage the skills and talents of all our people. In this role, you will work with leadership teams to set and execute the people strategy for the ETIC Line of Service; Interface with internal operations and HC teams to ensure the HC strategy is relevant for the business, and programs/processes are executed with efficiency and effectiveness. Most importantly own the design through delivery of any LoS-specific HC programs
We are seeking an experienced and results-driven HR business partner to align our HR initiatives and functions with business objectives and business needs
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be a purpose-led and values-driven leader. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As a Senior Manager, you will work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Meeting key stakeholders to discuss people challenges
- Providing guidance on people practices such as talent mapping, career coaching, succession planning and performance coaching to name a few..
- Bringing people expertise and developing solutions to help the business area to deliver the IFS strategy
- Influencing and building relationships with stakeholders across IFS
- Acting as a point of people expertise for specialist teams that are implementing new people approaches
- Questioning and challenging others to get to the root of people and business issues
- Coaching and providing feedback to key stakeholders to help improve business efficiencies
- Conducts regular meetings with respective leaders.
- Consults with line management, providing HR guidance when appropriate.
- Analyzes trends and metrics in partnership with the HR group to develop solutions, programs and policies.
- Manages and resolves complex employee relations issues. Conducts effective, thorough and objective investigations.
- Provides day-to-day performance management guidance to line management (e.g., coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary actions).
- Works closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention.
- Provides HR policy guidance and interpretation..
- Provides guidance and input on workforce planning and succession planning.
- Identifies training needs for business units and individual executive coaching needs.
- Participates in evaluation and monitoring of training programs to ensure success.
The ideal candidate for this role should have a good understanding of business functions, good communication skills, good interpersonal skills,
strategic thinking, and good organizational skills. The noteworthy HR business partner should improve HR initiatives, enhance staff morale, enhance relations between staff and employers, contribute to attaining business goals, promote good HR practices, and attract talented recruits.
Requirements, Skills, Abilities
- Contribute technical knowledge in HC areas including recruitment, performance management, talent management, operations, compensation and benefits, and employee relations
- Contribute to an environment where people and technology thrive together to accomplish more than they could apart.
- Navigate the complexities of cross-border and/or diverse teams and engagements.
- Encourage everyone to have a voice and invite opinion from all, including quieter members of the team.
- Deal effectively with ambiguous and unstructured problems and situations.
- Initiate open and candid coaching conversations at all levels.
- Move easily between big picture thinking and managing relevant detail.
- Anticipate stakeholder needs, and develop and discuss potential solutions, even before the stakeholder realises they are required.
- Initiate and lead open conversations with teams, clients and stakeholders to build trust.
- Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct.
About the Company
At PwC Middle East, we’ve set out an ambitious purpose and strive to live it everyday: to solve important problems and build trust in society.
We’re a community of solvers that come together in unexpected ways to build trust and create sustained outcomes. We solve important problems, support one another as we grow, develop and build fulfilling careers.
PwC provides industry-focused services for public and private clients across Assurance and Audit, Deals, Consulting, Tax and Legal. We draw on our development legacy that brings together the collective experience of over 7,000 people in our region with offices across 12 countries to solve for tomorrow.
We’re striving to consistently deliver innovative work that builds trust and delivers sustained outcomes. And we’re proud of the strength that comes from all our diﬀerent backgrounds and experiences and we value everyone’s uniqueness. We thrive in uncertainty, operate with integrity and leverage the diverse perspectives of our teams.
If you’re looking for a place that fuels your ambition to make a difference, that matches your curiosity with continuous learning opportunities and reimagines ways of working to enable you to lead a more balanced life, then you’re a future PwCer.