ETIC, Risk & Quality Operations - Manager
Job description / Role
Line of Service
Internal Firm Services
IFS - Risk & Quality (R&Q)
Job Description & Summary
A career in our Assurance Regulatory Risk and Quality Control practice, within Risk Assurance Compliance and Analytics services, will provide you with the opportunity to assist clients in developing analytics and technology solutions that help them detect, monitor, and predict risk. Using advanced technology, we're able to focus on establishing the right controls, processes and structures for our clients to ensure that decisions are based on accurate information and assure that information provided to third parties is accurate, complete, and can be trusted.
Our team helps monitor the overall regulatory environment, including interactions, data requests, communications and training around regulatory requirements. In joining, you'll stay up to date on regulatory changes and provide our clients with the right resources to decrease their risk levels and maintain compliance.
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be a purpose-led and values-driven leader at every level. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As a Manager, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- With oversight from the R&Q leadership teams (based across the ME), you will manage your own caseload to ensure ETIC engagements and employees remain compliant with internal and external regulations
- Carry out pre-engagement and post engagement compliance tasks
- Prioritize tasks and meet deadlines to ensure engagements and deployed ETIC resources have cleared the necessary risk assessment(s) and obtain files and reports on time to demonstrate policy compliance
- Analyze all compliance procedures and monitor risks (e.g. Data Protection) for ETIC engagements and assess potential defects and assist in resolution for the same
- Maintain and document all records required across the engagement lifecycle and assist the central review and R&Q team as necessary
- Communicate effectively and professionally, verbally and in writing, with a range of key stakeholders across the firm
- Facilitate the yearly compliance reviews in collaboration with the Central Review Team and engagement leads
- Has the competence to perform the role effectively
- Excellent oral and written communication skills as well as basic presentation skills
- Affinity to work with quantitative data, good analytics
- Ability to work within a fast-paced & unstructured environment. Must be able to multi-task and effectively and continually prioritise
- Service-orientated attitude, proactive thinker, networker, information seeker, team player
- Excellent time management, communication and organizational skills
- Extensive knowledge of relevant computer software e.g. Microsoft Office and Google Suite
- Willingness and interest to frequently interact with and reach out to Partners, Directors and the team
- Ability to interact efficiently with senior members of the firm across multiple time zones
- 8+ years relevant experience
- Background in risk / compliance fields preferred
- Experience in professional services preferred
- Understanding of the Firm's marketing and business development and the Firm's Service Offerings
About the Company
At PwC Middle East, we've set out an ambitious purpose and strive to live it everyday: to solve important problems and build trust in society.
We're a community of solvers that come together in unexpected ways to build trust and create sustained outcomes. We solve important problems, support one another as we grow, develop and build fulfilling careers.
PwC provides industry-focused services for public and private clients across Assurance and Audit, Deals, Consulting, Tax and Legal. We draw on our development legacy that brings together the collective experience of over 7,000 people in our region with offices across 12 countries to solve for tomorrow.
We're striving to consistently deliver innovative work that builds trust and delivers sustained outcomes. And we're proud of the strength that comes from all our diﬀerent backgrounds and experiences and we value everyone's uniqueness. We thrive in uncertainty, operate with integrity and leverage the diverse perspectives of our teams.
If you're looking for a place that fuels your ambition to make a difference, that matches your curiosity with continuous learning opportunities and reimagines ways of working to enable you to lead a more balanced life, then you're a future PwCer.