Job description / Role
Line of Service
Advisory - Other
Job Description & Summary
About the Role
- With oversight from the R&Q leadership teams (based across the ME), you will manage your own caseload to ensure ETIC engagements and employees remain compliant with internal and external regulations
- Carry out pre-engagement and post engagement compliance tasks
- Prioritize tasks and meet deadlines to ensure engagements and deployed ETIC resources have cleared the necessary risk assessment(s) and obtain files and reports on time to demonstrate policy compliance
- Analyze all compliance procedures and monitor risks (e.g. Data Protection) for ETIC engagements and assess potential defects and assist in resolution for the same
- Maintain and document all records required across the engagement lifecycle and assist the central review and R&Q team as necessary
- Communicate effectively and professionally, verbally and in writing, with a range of key stakeholders across the firm
- Facilitate the yearly compliance reviews in collaboration with the Central Review Team and engagement leads
The successful candidate will report predominantly to the local ETIC IFS (internal firm services) leadership team and the ME R&Q leads who will provide guidance regarding compliance with relevant territory policies and procedures.
- Actively share knowledge within own team and across BUs, and promote best practises in respect of the firm's business systems and processes.
- Provide training, coaching and support to other team members as needed.
- Work closely with teams across the business to ensure best practice.
- Provide a service directly to the BU, particularly in relation to adhering to internal and external compliance tasks and reporting any exceptions as necessary
- Work closely with peers and team members at all levels, sharing knowledge and providing support where needed.
- Understand the importance of, and processes behind, all compliance related tasks and execute accordingly, with high levels of attention to detail.
Enter own time and expenses in accordance with firm's policy
Essential skills & attributes
- Has the competence to perform the role effectively
- Excellent oral and written communication skills as well as basic presentation skills
- Affinity to work with quantitative data, good analytics
- Ability to work within a fast-paced & unstructured environment. Must be able to multi-task and effectively and continually prioritise
- Service-orientated attitude, proactive thinker, networker, information seeker, team player
- Excellent time management, communication and organizational skills
- Extensive knowledge of relevant computer software e.g. Microsoft Office and Google Suite
- Willingness and interest to frequently interact with and reach out to Partners, Directors and the team
- Ability to interact efficiently with senior members of the firm across multiple time zones
Desirable skills / experience
- 3+ years relevant experience
- Background in risk / compliance fields preferred
- Experience in professional services preferred
- Understanding of the Firm's marketing and business development and the Firm's Service Offerings
- University Degree
About the Company
At PwC Middle East, we’ve set out an ambitious purpose and strive to live it everyday: to solve important problems and build trust in society.
We’re a community of solvers that come together in unexpected ways to build trust and create sustained outcomes. We solve important problems, support one another as we grow, develop and build fulfilling careers.
PwC provides industry-focused services for public and private clients across Assurance and Audit, Deals, Consulting, Tax and Legal. We draw on our development legacy that brings together the collective experience of over 7,000 people in our region with offices across 12 countries to solve for tomorrow.
We’re striving to consistently deliver innovative work that builds trust and delivers sustained outcomes. And we’re proud of the strength that comes from all our diﬀerent backgrounds and experiences and we value everyone’s uniqueness. We thrive in uncertainty, operate with integrity and leverage the diverse perspectives of our teams.
If you’re looking for a place that fuels your ambition to make a difference, that matches your curiosity with continuous learning opportunities and reimagines ways of working to enable you to lead a more balanced life, then you’re a future PwCer.