ETIC, Senior Data Scientist
Job description / Role
Line of Service
Advisory - Other
Job Description & Summary
A career within Data and Analytics services will provide you with the opportunity to help organisations uncover enterprise insights and drive business results using smarter data analytics. We focus on a collection of organisational technology capabilities, including business intelligence, data management, and data assurance that help our clients drive innovation, growth, and change within their organisations in order to keep up with the changing nature of customers and technology. We make impactful decisions by mixing mind and machine to leverage data, understand and navigate risk, and help our clients gain a competitive edge.
As part of our Analytics and Insights Consumption team, you'll analyze data to drive useful insights for clients to address core business issues or to drive strategic outcomes. You'll use visualization, statistical and analytics models, AI/ML techniques, Modelops and other techniques to develop these insights.
- 4+ years of experience as a data scientist/applied statistician building advanced statistical and machine learning models, and experience using business intelligence tools and data frameworks.
- Strong mathematical skills and applied statistics skills, such as distributions, statistical testing, regression, etc.
- Excellent understanding and hands on building of machine learning techniques and algorithms, such as k-NN, Naive Bayes, SVM, Decision Forests, etc.
- Experience with common data science toolkits, such as R, Weka, NumPy, MatLab, etc.
- Deep experience in (sci-kit learn, Tensorflow, or Kears) and in ML deployment & understanding of API methodology
- Proficiency with Python or other high-level data analytic programming languages
- Clustering, Segmentation, Sentiment Analytics
- Experience with data visualization tools, such as D3.js, GGplot, etc.
- Experience in NLP is great
- Strong knowledge of model selection and problem definition
- Knowledge of Big Data & Streaming data
- 3+ years of SQL, including complex queries of multiple data sources
- Intermediate in Data Modeling and Data Lake
- Good knowledge of mathematics (Linear Algebra, Calculus, Statistics)
- 2+ years of developing scalable and automated ETL processes, Data Profiling, Analysis, Transforamtion,Aggregation
- 2+ years of developing BI reports / dashboards / visualizations
- 2+ years of basic DWH modelling techniques, kimball, inmon, vault, etc.. Excellent verbal and written communication
Available for Work Visa Sponsorship?
Government Clearance Required?
About the Company
At PwC Middle East, we've set out an ambitious purpose and strive to live it everyday: to solve important problems and build trust in society.
We're a community of solvers that come together in unexpected ways to build trust and create sustained outcomes. We solve important problems, support one another as we grow, develop and build fulfilling careers.
PwC provides industry-focused services for public and private clients across Assurance and Audit, Deals, Consulting, Tax and Legal. We draw on our development legacy that brings together the collective experience of over 7,000 people in our region with offices across 12 countries to solve for tomorrow.
We're striving to consistently deliver innovative work that builds trust and delivers sustained outcomes. And we're proud of the strength that comes from all our diﬀerent backgrounds and experiences and we value everyone's uniqueness. We thrive in uncertainty, operate with integrity and leverage the diverse perspectives of our teams.
If you're looking for a place that fuels your ambition to make a difference, that matches your curiosity with continuous learning opportunities and reimagines ways of working to enable you to lead a more balanced life, then you're a future PwCer.