Job description / Role
British Council Egypt seeks to recruit a senior Commercial Manager. Location of this job is flexible and the ideal candidate can be based either in Cairo or Alexandria.
The purpose of this role is to develop the 2-3 year Egypt Exams Commercial plan, drawing together Regional targets, market insights and market intelligence to agree priorities and focus with Country/Cluster Business Development and input into the 3-5 year Regional Commercial Strategy. This role is ultimately responsible for overseeing Demand Planning for Egypt, assessing and monitoring quality of pipeline fill, commercial viability, sales forecasting and capacity fill. The role also ensures the development/tailoring of solutions/value propositions to meet market needs in conjunction with Regional Commercial Manager, co-ordinates support for the development of large scale tenders and manages contract governance.
• Develops Group BD & Sales Strategy cross product/segment
• Works with Regional Commercial Development Manager on detailed Commercial Plan
• Provides feedback and implements plans and targets for products/services relative to market need with Commercial Development Manager with primary focus on business pursuit.
• Plans Exams business actions to meet (monthly, quarterly, annual) agreed country targets.
Market and customer intelligence
• Pulls together and provides Customer and Market intelligence to identify opportunities and works to prioritise lead generation
• Assesses and develops footprint strategy (what/where/when/who) and handover to Head of Operations
• Analyses client’s needs and tailors value propositions with expert support where needed. Input into Global Innovation and Business Development strategies working with Regional Commercial Manager
• Advises and enables country commercial to pursue key commercial activities and removes obstacles.
• Develops tangible income generating plans and opportunity shortlists based on market intelligence and Marketing Insights/Analytics.
• Assesses commercial feasibility and Contract governance up to certain level including contract approval escalation with input from Finance on Cost modelling
• Develops proposals and large scale tenders drawing from Regional Commercial Development Manager
Leadership and management
• Motivates and encourages team performance.
• Plans and prioritises country's operational activities and supports team development towards effective business development.
• Manage day to day performance of country operations team, dealing with sickness, discipline, motivation etc., to ensure high quality service delivery is maintained at all times
Account and stakeholder management
• Business Pursuit, RO influencing, networking and key account relationships plan and delivery agreed with Group Lead and with CD/BC colleagues on shared opportunities
• Identifies and shares examples of process/procedural best practice with colleagues in the country/region to drive continuous improvement in key account management and stakeholders.
Analysis & reporting
• Undertakes Commercial and demand reporting to the Region
• Provides B2B/Sales forecast at Group level, actively manages pipeline and drives demand in year and for the following year.
Minimum Essential Requirements
• Degree in a related subject
• Fluent spoken and written English (C1) and Arabic
• Leading on Business Development strategy/plans
• Contract management experience
• Market research and horizon scanning of sector
• Monitor macro level developments which will impact on business
• Building and maintaining stakeholder relationships
• Pipeline and sales forecasting management
• Tailoring solutions to market needs
• Finance Qualification
• Costing and pricing for large scale opportunities
• Experience of working with exam boards and ministries
• Developing bids and tenders
Internal candidates please remember to include the full version of your most recent end-of-year-record of performance/evaluation and confirm when the system prompts you that you have discussed the application with both your line and centre manager. Please note that we will not proceed with your application in the absence of your line manager’s written approval and reserve the right to withdraw your candidature at any stage of the recruitment process.
The closing date for applications is 26th February 2019.
The British Council is committed to a policy of equal opportunity. The British Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all of its partners to share this commitment. Appointment to this role is subject to Criminal Records Bureau checks in the UK, and, where appropriate, equivalent systems overseas. This position is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and therefore all convictions, cautions and bind-overs, including those regarded as spent, must be declared.
About the Company
The British Council is the United Kingdom's international organisation for cultural relations and educational opportunities.
The British Council is committed to a policy of equal opportunity and is keen to reflect the diversity of UK society at every level within the organisation.
We welcome applications from all sections of the community. We are committed to employing disabled people.