Job description / Role
At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
The Multi-Vendor Services Server Team is expanding, and we are looking to hire Server Remote Engineers tasked with sharing technical expertise and resolving technical issues for IBM clients worldwide. A Multi-Vendor Server Remote Engineer in this job role will have expertise in various multi-vendor server technologies and access to specialized education for variety of server products (both remote & hands-on). As part of the job, the Server Remote Engineer would have the following responsibilities:
- Perform problem determination/fault isolation by analyzing support logs and diagnostic data within the Level 1 team.
- Use specialized diagnostic tools to isolate complex client problems.
- Keep customers regularly informed of problem investigation and resolution status throughout the support service request life cycle.
- Identify known defects and fixes to resolve problems.
- Interpret online manuals and available documentation aiming faster issue resolution.
- Collaborate closely with higher level support teams to drive fixes on complex and critical issues.
- Provide real time assistance to field technicians to resolve critical client technical issues.
- Follow established processes for effective management of support incidents.
- Demonstrate proficiency in the supported hardware platforms by maintaining applicable technical certifications.
- Demonstrating soft and technical skills that contributes to client satisfaction.
- Adhere to the set working schedule (organized in 3 shifts during weekdays, supporting 24Ã—7 shift operations during weekends and public holidays, and on-call coverage)
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Bachelor's Degree (or equivalent) in Computer science or similar technical field.
- At least 1 year of experience in a technical support role
- Remote technical support or Administration. - Experience in customer facing roles. Skills and competencies:
- Excellent command of spoken and written English
- Excellent soft skills, active listening/reading, sympathy, ask when in doubt, explain clearly and set right expectations.
- Good planning and organization skills with excellent computer skills
- Troubleshooting and analytical thinking skills to identify and resolve problems.
- Customer-first mindset with high sense of ownership.
- Ability to quickly learn and absorb new concepts, terms, and vocabulary.
- Ability to research and self-study to find solutions to unknown issues and generally improve oneself.
- Ability to manage complicated requests and handle difficult customer behavior
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Experience providing technical hardware support or administration for server products with focus on the following OEMs: HPE (ProLiant DL380/DL560/etc.), Dell, Fujitsu, etc.
- Experience with Wintel/Unix/Linux OS and virtualization technologies (Unix knowledge is a big plus)
- Basic knowledge in TCP/IP concepts.
- Good command of spoken and written French language will be considered as a great advantage
About the Company
For more than six decades, IBM Middle East & Pakistan has played a vital role in shaping the information technology landscape of the region. Today, IBM is part of the region's technological fabric, solving real-world business and societal challenges, through its offices in UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait and Pakistan, and also a diversity of centers across the region.
Within the region, IBM currently has groundbreaking initiatives in cloud computing, analytics, mobile, security, as well as nanotechnology, eGovernment, healthcare and many more, collaborating with leading educational institutes and governments. IBM supports hundreds of clients to drive transformation through technology, contributes to regional research & development programs and has an active Corporate Service Corps (CSC) program.
Reinvention is a keyword in the company's history and, today, IBM is much more than a "hardware, software, services" company. IBM is now emerging as a cognitive solutions and cloud platform company.