Job description / Role
At EY, you will have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we are counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
EY Cairo Tax - Graduate Program
Location: Cairo, Egypt
Tax affects every aspect of our lives and laws are always changing. In your role you will help local and international businesses manage every element of their business's tax and find better ways of doing tax while you progress towards becoming a tax advisor.
What we do for our clients?
Our globally coordinated tax professionals offer connected services across all tax disciplines to help our clients thrive in an era of rapid change. Learn more about our Tax services.
Know the rules: International tax laws are complex and getting caught out can be a costly mistake. We keep on top of the ever-changing rules so that our clients meet their obligations.
Integrate technology: From smart forecasting to automatic number-crunching, technology is having a big impact in the tax world. We help our clients find the tech that can give them an edge, then put it in place.
Boost profitability: Companies face many choices that affect how much tax they pay. Which legal structure is most efficient? What's the best way to relocate and reward employees? We help clients choose well and maximize profitability.
What is an EY Graduate Program?
If you've graduated from university, or will do soon, our Tax Graduate Program could be just the job for you. You'll be part of a team working with interesting clients, while earning a salary. We'll help you develop the things you're naturally good at and learn new skills for your career, too.
Your key responsibilities
As a Tax Associate you will be working directly on tax reporting, compliance and planning alongside senior colleagues. You'll spend your time on a diverse array of projects and clients in a highly collaborative culture. You will get to know our clients, their businesses and how they work to provide the right service.
Skills and attributes for success
- Commercial acumen
- Ability to prioritize and work under tight deadlines
- Ability to adapt to changes
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Confidence to work effectively in a high-energy, fast-moving environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in Arabic and English
What we look for
We are most interested in people who are naturally curious and love to learn. You like to work with others and build relationships with both colleagues and clients. You are goal-oriented and implement business thinking with the ambition to develop and strive for providing good service. Furthermore, you are structured, have good analytical skills and of course a genuine interest in tax. In return, you can expect the support of great colleagues, and the industry-recognized training you'll need to grow in your career. If you're a fast learner with great organizational skills and a genuine interest in tax, this role is for you.
What working at EY offers:
- At EY we support you to aspire for a self-controlled career path. This is reinforced by a Tax focal graduated development program called Tax U, that covers a suite of Technical, Non-Technical and Behavioral learning interventions aimed at a seamless transition from University to EY.
- You will undergo a rotation in some of our busiest service lines, to experience real tax projects, mentored by the best in industry mentors and coaches.
- This multi-year immersive learning journey will offer opportunities for you to build critical skills you need, to accomplish and lead MENA Tax deliverables.
- All this will be done through a blended approach of virtual and classroom trainings and a strong component of experiential learning that is transferrable on the job.
- We strongly advocate continuous learning and you will be encouraged to complete a Professional Qualification, with financial and technical support you require to excel.
- You will also undertake cross border projects that are aimed at attaining a global view of our Tax practice.
About the Company
EY is a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services. The insights and quality services we deliver help build trust and confidence in the capital markets and in economies the world over. We develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders. In so doing, we play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities.
EY refers to the global organization, and may refer to one or more, of the member firms of Ernst & Young Global Limited, each of which is a separate legal entity. Ernst & Young Global Limited, a UK company limited by guarantee, does not provide services to clients. Information about how EY collects and uses personal data and a description of the rights individuals have under data protection legislation are available on our site.
The MENA practice of EY has been operating in the region since 1923. For over 95 years, we have grown to over 7,500 people united across 21 offices and 16 countries, sharing the same values and an unwavering commitment to quality. As an organization, we continue to develop outstanding leaders who deliver exceptional services to our clients and who contribute to our communities. We are proud of our accomplishments over the years, reaffirming our position as the largest and most established professional services organization in the region