EYP-TRS - Executive
Ernst & Young
Job description / Role
EYP-TRS - Executive (Cairo)
Competitive business today is all about making intelligent, informed decisions. As a Turnaround & Restructuring Strategy (TRS) Executive, you will help make that happen by being an important part of our diversely talented, highly experienced team working at the forefront of high-profile transactions. Our team of strategic advisors sits at the heart of a global team of restructuring specialists who deliver high quality advice to our clients.
Our global network of Turnaround & Restructuring Strategy professionals helps clients develop financial and operational strategies to improve liquidity, credit availability and shareholder return. Our team is fully integrated both within our wider Strategy and Transactions practice, and our firm as a whole, allowing our clients to reap the benefits of this broad range of knowledge, skills and experience. We develop long-term relationships with our clients by ensuring that our teams work closely with them to understand their short and long-term goals and working with them at every stage to identify problems, recommend, and implement solutions that deliver measurable results.
Your key responsibilities
As an Executive, you will help clients evaluate capital options, capture greater transaction value and achieve strategic objectives - whether they are buying or selling a distressed asset, restructuring a business, dealing with underperformance, or looking to improve cash management. You will support the preparation of comprehensive financial reviews of the client's operations, attend legal proceedings, engage in judicial management, support liquidation processes, and advise clients on corporate risk management issues.
Skills and attributes for success
As a turnaround and restructuring professional, you should be able to:
- Be part of project teams comprising colleagues from across the strategy and transactions sub service lines.
- Have the business and commercial drive to work in a fast-paced, exciting environment to drive value for our clients.
- Assist in in engaging pursuits and pitches, including presentations and client meetings.
- Contribute to our practice development initiatives, supporting the continued focus on our team and firm as a great place to work.
- Learn and develop your technical and personal skills to support the achievement of your project and career goals, through a blend of structured learning, coaching and experiences.
- Build strong working relationships with clients, including the ability to influence, advise and support key decision makers.
To qualify for the role you must have
- As a minimum, a bachelor's degree in business or economics with at least 3-4 years of relevant work experience in finance involving corporate restructuring.
- Excellent quantitative and qualitative analysis capabilities and the ability to synthesize findings and link them to client issues.
- Demonstrated competency in numerical skills, with evidence of financial modelling skills and proficiency in detailed financial analysis.
- Strong finance and accounting skills along with good knowledge of capital markets.
- Excellent analytical, project management, multi-tasking, communication, teamwork and interpersonal skills
- The ability to work in a fast-paced and dynamic working environment.
- Strong written and verbal communication, presentation and report writing skills in English with ability to effectively communicate with a diverse group of clients.
- Flexibility to travel in the region; approximately 25% to 50% of the time.
Ideally, you'll also have
- Previous experience in Oil and Gas industry
- Fluency in Arabic both written and spoken.
- Knowledge of Islamic Finance.
- Client facing experience from a professional services background.
- Knowledge of the MENA region and funding environment.
What we look for
We are interested in talented professionals with the ability to visualize our clients' goals and think creatively to facilitate them - often in politically charged environments. We are looking for an energetic, lateral thinker with an enquiring mind, and someone who can display a high level of commercial acumen. If you have an entrepreneurial spirit, and a genuine passion for taking on new challenges, this role is for you.
What we offer
We offer a competitive compensation package where you'll be rewarded based on performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. Plus, we offer:
- Continuous learning: You'll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you : We'll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership : We'll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture : You'll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It's yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
About the Company
EY is a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services. The insights and quality services we deliver help build trust and confidence in the capital markets and in economies the world over. We develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders. In so doing, we play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities.
EY refers to the global organization, and may refer to one or more, of the member firms of Ernst & Young Global Limited, each of which is a separate legal entity. Ernst & Young Global Limited, a UK company limited by guarantee, does not provide services to clients. Information about how EY collects and uses personal data and a description of the rights individuals have under data protection legislation are available on our site.
The MENA practice of EY has been operating in the region since 1923. For over 95 years, we have grown to over 7,500 people united across 21 offices and 16 countries, sharing the same values and an unwavering commitment to quality. As an organization, we continue to develop outstanding leaders who deliver exceptional services to our clients and who contribute to our communities. We are proud of our accomplishments over the years, reaffirming our position as the largest and most established professional services organization in the region