Job description / Role
The Field Engineer will be responsible for onsite installation of electric motors and generators and ongoing preventive maintenance, repair and calibration after installation. You will provide technical instruction and assistance to customer representatives regarding installation, operation, repair and maintenance at customer's sites.
As Service Engineer will be responsible for:
• Installation and commissioning , overhauling, maintenance ,repairing, rewinding, testing, inspection & commissioning of generators and HV, MV & LV motors, excitation & AVR systems.
• Testing, Inspection and data collection for condition monitoring and diagnostic testing of electrical machines and life assessment of generator & motor insulation.
• Respond to requests for emergency repairs and services.
• Providing technical instruction and assistance to customer representatives regarding installation, operation, calibration, repair and maintenance at customer's sites
• Providing leadership and technical direction to skilled labor performing work on customer sites.
• Maintaining strong safety mindset to assure the executed work reflects the technical requirements within GE safety standards.
• Preparing timely and accurate technical reports for customer records and a reference for future outages
• Bachelor's Degree from an accredited university or college
• Minimum of 5 years of electrical Rotating machines field experience
• Willingness and ability to travel 80% of the time
• Willingness and ability to possess and maintain a valid driver's license
• Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering from an accredited university or college
• Ability to work effectively with minimum supervision
• Strong customer service mindset
• Prior field engineering experience
• Strong organizational skills
GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE's mission and deliver for our customers.
About the Company
GE is a diversified technology, media and financial services company, dedicated to creating products that make life better. From aircraft engines and power generation to financial services, medical imaging, television programming and oil and gas, GE operates in more than 100 countries and employs over 300,000 people worldwide.
GE's Oil & Gas business is a leader in the development and delivery of advanced product and service offerings for the global oil and gas industry. As a consequence of the rapid expansion of its technology base, GE's Oil & Gas is capable of addressing the largest and most complex engineering and application challenges entirely from its own worldwide resources. So whether it's the world's largest LNG compression trains, re-injection of high sulfur gas, enhancing the safety and productivity of the world's oil and gas pipelines, or equipment for the production of oil and gas from harsh environments, GE is leading the charge.